drybar

Confession: until this past Sunday I had never had a blowout just for the hell of it. After a cut or color? Yes, sure, but never had I really considered the concept of having after-the-salon-hair for a special occasion or indulgence. But when given the opportunity to give it a whirl at Drybar, a blow-out only salon I’d heard good things about from the West Coast, I wasn’t about to turn down the opportunity for someone else to style my locks.

The Drybar concept is simple- a menu of options to get the blowout of your choice in a chic and calm atmosphere. No cuts, no color. And you can chose everything from loose curls and sleek and straight to my option of choice, The Mai Tai: beach inspired curls. Oh and did I mention it’s only $40?

Voila…!

With locations in California, Arizona, Georgia, Texas and now New York, hopefully you can try out Drybar for yourself soon. It’s pretty amazing.

{p.s more photos of my “after” hair to come later this week}

Hope you had a fantastic weekend…happy Monday!

Connect with W&W

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

10 Responses to drybar

1. Grace - stripes & sequins November 14, 2011 at 7:23 am #

I love this place… love it. The decor, the price, the styles… amazing. It’s right around the corner from my apartment too, which helps.
    Grace – stripes & sequins recently posted..DIY: Gold Leaf Manicure

• Meghan November 14, 2011 at 7:46 pm #

i wish i knew you lived by it, grace! would have texted you to stop by hehe

2. Alicia November 14, 2011 at 1:23 pm #

Your curls look lovely! I had my first blow out recently in NY and was totally sold on the concept! I really hate doing my own hair so it’s worth the price to me for those special occasions you want your locks to really look their best!
    Alicia recently posted..Unexpected Duo {Parte Deux}

• Meghan November 14, 2011 at 7:45 pm #

Alicia- #drybar date when you’re next in town?!

3. court November 14, 2011 at 4:34 pm #

I wish I had more hair! I walk by this monthly and want to go in!
    court recently posted..NYC Buildings: Central Park and NY Public Library

• Meghan November 14, 2011 at 7:45 pm #

court, you should totally stop in and see what they could do for you! the place is so, so great

4. Sara @ Gameday Stytlist November 14, 2011 at 8:37 pm #

Love the hair – I need to try out Dry Bar!

- Sara @ Gameday Stylist
    Sara @ Gameday Stytlist recently posted..[gameday steal]

5. Victoria November 14, 2011 at 11:57 pm #

I always pass the DryBar in San Francisco, but I must admit, I am a little skeptical. Since I don’t have long gorgeous locks, I can’t do curls (and I don’t think my asian hair really helps either). But your hair looked great–glad it worked for you!

xoxo,
    Victoria
    Victoria recently posted..La Playa

6. Lisa November 15, 2011 at 12:56 pm #

Love me some Dry Bar! Its $35 here in LA :)

• Meghan November 16, 2011 at 6:23 am #

lisa- drybar date when you’re next in NY?!