five things

beagoodone

Perhaps you’ve seen this thing floating around the internet called ‘five things’ – you share five things most people don’t know about you and since Grace tagged me and because I love her so much I figured what the heck?

1. // Sometimes I seriously consider moving to Paris. I studied abroad in this beautiful city and in doing so learned so much about myself and attribute that time in my life to such an important chapter in everything I’ve experienced that I think daily what it would be like to be back there. With a minor in French in my back pocket and a love for everything Parisian, I often think…how could I be a professional over there? Would I love it as much as I think I would? Would I get too lonely? What would my life be like if I actually made it happen!? And so my mind wanders…

2. // I regularly consider how my life would be different if I didn’t blog and consider “quitting” here and there. After being diagnosed with Graves’ disease blogging became near impossible. I was feeling utterly mortified at the weight I had gained, my appearance because I was always hot and sweating (it still happens) and couldn’t bear to make it to events, etc. Dealing with this disease has made it hard to post personal style posts on an ongoing basis because most mornings I awake and think “I just can’t.” but then I remember all the amazing friends I have made through this community and remind myself to be grateful for the opportunities I’ve gotten as a result and keep on trucking. If you blog, do you ever feel this way about wanting to throw your hands up and just saw “bye” to blogging?

3. // I am a creature of habit. I love finding routines and settling into traditions. When I find something I like to eat, I eat it over and over again until I am sick of it. When I find things like Flybarre, I get completely obsessed until I need to mix it up. All that being said, I am getting more adventurous in the kitchen and each week am challenging myself to find new recipes via Pinterest.

4. // I’m attempting to be a runner. As mentioned here, I’m trying to get more into this pastime. When I have the time to run I mentally prepare myself to get out there and it’s been so great to challenge myself in pushing myself to go longer, be faster, stay committed. I’m on the quest to lose some weight so with watching what I eat and looking to work running into my weekly routines, here’s hoping it’s a worthwhile endeavor.

5. // I secretly want to go on The Amazing Race! My best friend Andrea and I have long talked about it and even looked up the application – ha. But what an incredible adventure it would be, right? We’ve determined that we’d have to learn to drive stick, I’d be in charge of eating the awful things and she’d be in charge of all things related to heights or small spaces. Can you imagine?

So there’s that. Now I’m tagging some of my favorite blogging gals to share as well. You’re up, Taylor, Caitlin, Megan, Jessica and Kimberly.

11 Responses to five things

1. Jill March 27, 2013 at 10:37 am #

Well I’ve done only one of your five things that you would like to do :-) The running sounds great with the Amazing Race. Let me know how you get on.

2. Taylor March 27, 2013 at 11:25 am #

These are so good! I too would like to someday maybe move to Paris, quit blogging and take runs along the Siene. We could do that together — but I couldn’t be G-free in Paree. Too many croissants ;)

3. Andrea March 27, 2013 at 12:31 pm #

Amazing Race here we come. Driving a stick should be the hardest thing we’ll have to do, right? :)

4. Grace - Stripes & Sequins March 27, 2013 at 1:58 pm #

I love this post. I am such a creature of habit too, and constantly (especially this week) think about how life would be if I just threw in the towel. It’s tough balancing it all! Thanks for humoring me and doing this! xoxo
    Grace – Stripes & Sequins recently posted..DIY: Leather + Climbing Rope Macrame Bracelets

• Meghan March 27, 2013 at 10:33 pm #

thank you for inspiring to do it, grace!

5. Kayla March 27, 2013 at 3:39 pm #

Totally a creature of habit too! I like to eat the same foods, do the same things, etc! I love your blog, so please don’t throw in the towel! : )

Kayla
    Kayla recently posted..Snow Day

• Meghan March 27, 2013 at 10:35 pm #

thanks so much, kayla! that means SO much to me! xx

6. Jessica March 27, 2013 at 3:42 pm #

Thanks for the tag, lady! Loved learning more about you :)
    Jessica recently posted..New York Effing City

7. Lexi @ Glitter, Inc. April 14, 2013 at 11:38 pm #

Some days I toy with the idea of moving to London or Paris – especially with a career in blogging, you really could just pick up and go …

And I definitely understand how you feel about the outfit posts … I’ve had the same problem (http://glitterandpearls.com/2013/02/04/getting-personal-a-thank-you/) and I still think so many times that I’ll just give up outfit posts, even if they are infrequent.
    Lexi @ Glitter, Inc. recently posted..The Weekend Edition

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. a bit of a life update… | WIT & whimsy - January 12, 2014

[…] have talked about it briefly here but today I went in to have a procedure re-done to eliminate my thyroid. I was given radioactive […]