I always find that, during the winter months, I wear less and less color when it comes to my wardrobe. I trend towards chunky black knits, darker denim and dark neutral accessories. But for my beauty routine? I think there’s no better time to add color! Today I’m sharing 7 ways to add pops of color to your look this season.
1. Nail it. Think out of the box in terms of the usual seasonal nail colors like red or burgundy. I love the look of winter white nails and adding a subtle hint of glitter is a fun way to mix things up. The new Nails INC Victoria Beckham collection has the perfect hue for this – Bamboo White.
3. Line up the Always use brown or black liner on your eyes? Try switching things up with blue or green. The Makeup Forever branded colored liners have staying power.
4. Mix up your mascara. Similar to trying out new liner colors, go for a new mascara color that isn’t brown or black. These hues are striking and not crazy looking. Note to self, don’t do colored liner + colored mascara – choose one or the other.
5. Seek a subtle shimmer. Winter is a great time to add some shimmer to your skin, as you’re missing your summer glow. I like Benefit Cosmetics’ Girl Meets Pearl – pat it on your cheekbones and just under your brow line at the top of your eyelids.
6. Try palettes. If you’re anything like me, you tend to use the same neutral eyeshadow colors everyday. Palettes are a great way to change this up. They are rather foolproof and often come with guides on how to maximize the colors included. This one is my favorite.
7. Go low. When I most recently got my hair done, I added in lowlights in addition to highlights. It helped tone down my summer blonde while adding dimension and making my hair color more seasonally appropriate. Ask your stylist to add subtle lowlights next time you see them!
Looking for a cost effective way to change up your color routine? Get your girlfriends together to swap things like nail polish, or each bring a new lip color for everyone to try. Get some jams going, pour some Seven Daughters Wine and it becomes a perfect little get together!