There’s something so striking about neutrals in the Winter. You know I love wearing my white denim and my cream coat, but they also signal the sign of Spring to come I think. Ever since moving to New York I feel like I am more drawn to dark colors (black always seem to work, doesn’t it?) but right now I’ve got my eye on pretty pieces in ivory, taupe & beige.
TGIF! This week flew by. I have been trying to get geared up for my trip to LA (leaving Sunday!) and then my hop across the pond and my list of errands and “to-dos” seems endless but I know all the craziness will be worth it when I arrive in Paris. I saw Of Mice and Men on Broadway last night and highly recommend it if you’re visiting NYC or live here and can catch a show. Tomorrow I’ll be celebrating my birthday in Brooklyn with a bunch of friends and can’t wait to continue the birthday fun. I’ve got plenty to share in this week’s roundup so I hope you’ll enjoy the links and I’ll see you back here on Monday for a new outfit and weekend updates!
- I loved J.Crew’s piece on Cynthia Rowley (she’s one of my favorite designers)
- I’m in love with this check dress from ASOS – how perfect is it for summer picnics?
- I’m intrigued by this lingerie line I read about on Cool Hunting
- I loved Julia’s guide to San Francisco – miss that city!
- Anthropologie’s tag sale is on – get after it!
- How adorable is Liz in this striped dress?
- PSA: The Theory summer sale started today! I have my eye on this blazer (such a good neutral staple), this dress and this sleek top.
- If you’ve been lusting after Tibi’s summer collection like me, now’s the time to shop it – more markdowns are on their site today!
- Love Merrit’s laid back look here and Caroline looks effortlessly cool here.
- In case you missed it, I’m BaubleBar’s guest pinner for the month of June! Follow along here.
- This week’s outfit posts can be seen here and here.
I regularly get asked how it is I survive New York winters. And I generally reply “with the right winter accessories.” But then New York is blanketed in snow and you’re trudging along in slush and are hearing yourself mutter expletives as you try and not fall and accessories don’t seem to matter. But that’s just those days. All the other days from October-March it’s about the winter accessories and having the right scarves so you’re armed with an arsenal of the perfect ensemble toppers.
Since I subscribe to the belief that you can never have too many, check out some favorites of mine you can shop below!
Subscribe to WIT & Whimsy
w&w on Instagram
- winter into spring March 30, 2015
- outfit // swing trench March 26, 2015
- the edit: a new personal goal // my first half marathon March 25, 2015
- outfit // signs of spring March 23, 2015
- a caribbean packing list March 21, 2015
- Merritt: love the mix of prints here!! The Style Scribe...
- Jess Zimlich: Crossing that finish line for the first time will ...
- Weekend Reading.: […] I’m really proud of my friend Megh...
- Ashley Torres: I'm a sucker for stripes and a Chloe bag! Thanks ...
- Fiona: I love the Marcie in red. You look great! x Fion...