There’s something so striking about neutrals in the Winter. You know I love wearing my white denim and my cream coat, but they also signal the sign of Spring to come I think. Ever since moving to New York I feel like I am more drawn to dark colors (black always seem to work, doesn’t it?) but right now I’ve got my eye on pretty pieces in ivory, taupe & beige.
TGIF! This week flew by. I have been trying to get geared up for my trip to LA (leaving Sunday!) and then my hop across the pond and my list of errands and “to-dos” seems endless but I know all the craziness will be worth it when I arrive in Paris. I saw Of Mice and Men on Broadway last night and highly recommend it if you’re visiting NYC or live here and can catch a show. Tomorrow I’ll be celebrating my birthday in Brooklyn with a bunch of friends and can’t wait to continue the birthday fun. I’ve got plenty to share in this week’s roundup so I hope you’ll enjoy the links and I’ll see you back here on Monday for a new outfit and weekend updates!
- I loved J.Crew’s piece on Cynthia Rowley (she’s one of my favorite designers)
- I’m in love with this check dress from ASOS – how perfect is it for summer picnics?
- I’m intrigued by this lingerie line I read about on Cool Hunting
- I loved Julia’s guide to San Francisco – miss that city!
- Anthropologie’s tag sale is on – get after it!
- How adorable is Liz in this striped dress?
- PSA: The Theory summer sale started today! I have my eye on this blazer (such a good neutral staple), this dress and this sleek top.
- If you’ve been lusting after Tibi’s summer collection like me, now’s the time to shop it – more markdowns are on their site today!
- Love Merrit’s laid back look here and Caroline looks effortlessly cool here.
- In case you missed it, I’m BaubleBar’s guest pinner for the month of June! Follow along here.
- This week’s outfit posts can be seen here and here.
I regularly get asked how it is I survive New York winters. And I generally reply “with the right winter accessories.” But then New York is blanketed in snow and you’re trudging along in slush and are hearing yourself mutter expletives as you try and not fall and accessories don’t seem to matter. But that’s just those days. All the other days from October-March it’s about the winter accessories and having the right scarves so you’re armed with an arsenal of the perfect ensemble toppers.
Since I subscribe to the belief that you can never have too many, check out some favorites of mine you can shop below!
w&w on Instagram
- w&w weekly roundup January 30, 2015
- outfit // snow day January 29, 2015
- Wednesday Wish List January 28, 2015
- the beauty edit: on wellness January 27, 2015
- outfit // hardware January 26, 2015
- Fiona: Aww you look so great and warm. Love the plaid :) ...
- Color Me Courtney: You look amazing! I'm obsessed with those boots, ...
- Color Me Courtney: I'm loving how you styled this plaid top, simple ...
- Jen: Great post! I used to spend a lot of money on Pure...
- Meghan: Thank you so much, Lexi! <3...