I had so much fun last year rounding up the gift picks of some of my favorite bloggers (see here) that I decided to do it again this year! For the second installment of the WIT & Whimsy 2011 Gift Guide, here is what’s topping the wish lists of some of my daily reads from blogger friends.
As a San Franciscan who is used to temperamental summer weather, I have learned that layers are a necessity! Summer layering can be especially difficult because you want to look like you’re dressed for the right season, not the dead of winter. I like to pair my summer wear (shorts, dresses and rompers) with a military vest, semi-sheer blouse, and/or leather jacket for a seasonally appropriate look with added warmth! Swap your basic cardi in favor of a chambray top to wear over a striped tee, and always carry a patterned scarf in your bag because you never know when those temps will drop and the sun will disappear.
- Alicia, Cheetah is the New Black
Yesterday I spent the day with Taylor as we set out to see the brand new Alexander McQueen ‘Savage Beauty’ exhibit at the Met and man, am I happy we did. The exhibit is breathtaking, moving, disturbing and thought provoking and each installation was beautifully executed. If you’re in New York (or visiting before July 31st), you must go see it.
Afterward we soaked up the plentiful sunshine on the roof deck of the museum, shot some pics for cette post and then later brunched at Wicker Park in my UES neck of the woods. It was the perfect Sunday and I followed it by getting a much needed pedi (in Essie’s Canyon Coral) and seeing Something Borrowed (cute, but not great). Sunday perfection.
Oh and p.s. – check out Tay’s account of the day here.
Subscribe to WIT & Whimsy’s RSS feed!
- w&w weekly roundup April 18, 2014
- outfit // + w&w and neutrogena April 17, 2014
- Wednesday Wish List April 16, 2014
- outfit // leather + mint April 15, 2014
- Shopbop’s Friends & Family Event! April 15, 2014
- Grace: you look so cute :) <3 <3 everlane sweatshir...
- Grace: Love this so much! Thanks for your support Meghan,...
- Shannon: That bag is heavenly!...
- Kat: Thanks for the sweet mention! Better see you soon...
- TJ: This look is beyond perfect!! Loving this outfit! ...