well, hello new york city summer. it’s nice to meet you. oh wait, not quite. you’re a ridiculously humid, makeup-melting, sweat-inducing, make me stress about what to wear like no other day in my history, force to be reckoned with.
i kid you not, this heat wave of 97+ degree weather we’re having in new york had me running out to buy up tons of dresses all over the city, re-contemplating my beauty routine every morning and learning to accept that come September my hair may not be able to be let down from its permanent resting place in a side bun on my head.
after two+ weeks of stressing over the heat, I’m now settling on my essentials for these kind of temperatures. do you have any go-tos for when the weather becomes unbearably warm? do share! i need all the advice i can get 🙂
Summer Heat Essentials:
- A breezy, lightweight maxi from Velvet (I have one of theirs in coral and loooove it)
- Panama hat for shielding fair skin from the sun
- Cute and carefree Karen Walker sunnies
- An effortlessly chic and classy La Mer watch (can’t get enough)
- Understated gold jewelery that’s light and airy in its appearance
- Simple sandals for walking all around the city
- A perfectly punchy cross body bag that’s not got me weighed down in this heat