Happy Friday from Boston! I came up yesterday to visit a friend for a portion of the holiday weekend and I’m so happy to be back in this charming town. I haven’t been back here since this trip! I hope you have some fun plans ahead for the long weekend – I can hardly believe it is already Labor Day! (I still have lots I need to get to on my summer bucket list…whoops! There’s still plenty of summer weather ahead though so I’ll continue to chip away at it.)
Enjoy this week’s roundup + your holiday weekend! I’ll see you guys back here on Tuesday!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Said farewell to my brother + his new wife as they set out to move to Edinburgh! We did it over amazing New York pizza, naturally.
- Had Carly over for dinner on my roof on Monday – trying to take advantage of the roof weather while we have it!
- Got to grab lunch with Merritt while she was briefly in town!
- Largely hid in my air conditioning while we battled “feels like 100” degree weather.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I am so proud of my friend Bekka as her line of handmade, beautiful baskets are now available on West Elm!!
- What to do if you have wanderlust and can’t travel at the moment.
- If you ate less avocado toast would you be able to afford a house sooner? (Thank you, Mom for this depressing read – ha!)
- Even though I’m not a mom I was really moved by Kelly’s post here.
- Merritt’s hike in Switzerland rendered amazing views!
- I finished this article in tears. We take so much for granted in life. This girl is so unbelievably strong. I’m going to donate to her and maybe you’ll consider doing so, too?
- I loved this post of Briony’s.
- This article on how people are hard wired different for sleep was so interesting!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Really love how luxe these Sam Edelman loafers look.
- I loooove the new Cuyana tall structured tote.
- How cute is the tie detail on this affordable sweater?
- H&M just brought back one of my favorite sweaters from last season! I wore it in this post (in a size 8).
- Also from H&M: how cozy does this coat look? You can definitely survive winter with that.
- This top is so cute and versatile.
- This pretty dress is perfect for summer but would also be great with suede booties in Fall.
- Love this white blouse.
- So into this slouchy striped sweater.
- This is a fun take on the classic button down shirt.
- How cozy does this dress look?
- I love the back of this sweater dress!
- One of my favorite home stores is having a sale for Labor Day weekend!
- This army coat is so chic.
- I updated the Fall finds section of The Shop!
- I love these suede booties. So practical!
- This cute bag you’ve seen me wearing a lot is finally back in stock! I get so many compliments on it.
- This J.Crew top is so pretty!
- I love the silhouette of this sweater.
- This Old Navy jacket is so stylish. (They have lots of good jackets + vests right now!)
- Shopbop just added thousands of items to their sale section – woohoo!
- J.Crew has an AWESOME sale happening this weekend. You can score this sweater blazer I wore here and this other favorite blazer worn here both for 40% off!!
- How pretty is this silk cami? It just got restocked!
- Well obviously I’m getting this new Everlane sweater. I LOVE it!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Cute polka dot pieces to take you into Fall.
- All my favorite home items!
- Breaking down my workouts + sharing my favorite workout clothes + a playlist!
- Sharing my battle with thyroid disease.
- All the beauty products I’ve been loving recently.
- What I wore in Portland, OR.
- Books I’ve read & loved recently.