It was a scorcher in NYC and it reminded me that heat + humidity are most certainly NOT one of the things I love about summer! I literally wrote down in my 5 minute journal being grateful for air conditioning this week – HA! Anyhow, in silver linings it gave me plenty of time to to be in front of my computer and continue catching up on work which was good. I also finally did four loads of laundry, tidied my apartment and checked some other to-dos off my ever-growing list.
This weekend I’m excited to have a lot of plans with friends and hope to check a few things off my summer bucket list, too! Hope you enjoy this week’s roundup and have a wonderful weekend! Can you believe July starts next week!?
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Completed a five day reset diet (I actually finish end of today) that was prescribed to me by my acupuncturist. Going to work on a post sharing my experience and takeaways! It was a journey to say the least.
- Got to catch up with one of my favorite friends who I met through blogging, Erika.
- Finally got back to my BBG workouts after three weeks off. BRUTAL.
- Had dinner at Dumbo House next to Paul Rudd which was a fun celebrity sighting!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I love lemon pasta so this recipe sounds so good.
- Speaking of recipes, here are loads of good ones for your 4th of July.
- I so enjoyed this profile of my friend Hitha. Her 5 Smart Reads newsletters are the best.
- Would you do a complaint cleanse? (I can think of a few people in my life who could use one HAHA!)
- My friend Grace included this story on choosing gratitude over grief on her blog and it was too powerful not share also. (Another Garance post that really moved me is linked here.)
- Amazon says these are the best books of 2019 so far. (p.s. I’m sharing my summer reading list on the blog Monday!)
- I loved Krystal’s reflections on her 4 years in NYC. (My latest similar post is here.)
- A beginner’s guide to doing nothing.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- These are a great sandal when you need a dressier option.
- Ok Anthro is totally bringing the A game when it comes to tops right now! Spotted this, this, this, this, this, this, this and this. Also an identical puff sleeve top to the one I wore here.
- This linen Gap dress is such a great find.
- Woohoo! One of my favorite brands for summer dressing, Reformation, has landed at Shopbop.
- J.Crew Factory has so many good dresses at the moment! This striped tee dress (also comes in solid colors), this cute eyelet number, this darling one in one of my favorite silhouettes, this slinky slip dress, this pretty maxi and this one that has cute sleeve detail.
- Loving this little bamboo bag that’s now on sale & available in two colors.
- This may be the perfect eyelet tank.
- Speaking of eyelet…this tee!
- This is a darling day dress.
- Speaking of eyelet, absolutely love this dress.
- How pretty are these pearl barrettes?
- This top is so pretty.
- So many cute dresses & jumpsuits at Nordstrom for under $100.
- Love the look of this new supportive Lululemon sports bra.
- This jumpsuit has the cutest back detail.
- Speaking of jumpsuits, this one looks so flattering.
- You know I love a puff sleeve tee: this Kate Spade one is so up my alley.
- These polka dot ruffle shorts…too stinking cute.
- This one piece swimsuit is so flattering and a great price.
- Another super cute smocked top for summer,
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Where we stayed in Provence and the poppy fields.
- How I manage my anxiety.
- What to wear to work this summer.
- My summer wish list.
- How to wind down when traveling for work.
- What I packed for Provence.
- Some things I love about summer.
[Image via this post]