I was grateful this week seemed to move quickly and even more grateful we were finally blessed with some sunny days. I got several walks in and they were instant mood-boosters. It was also just so nice to work with the windows open. This week I also picked up fresh flowers that brought a smile to my face and I had my first glass of rose wine and my first iced coffee drink as well. It really is all about the little things these days, isn’t it?
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup and have a good weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Battled issues with my newsletter delivery service all week. I’m sorry if you’ve not been getting new posts in your inbox as a result! I hope to have it resolved ASAP.
- Finished this book and OMG did I love it. Probably my favorite book I’ve read this year. The perfect light, feel-good quarantine read.
- Continued taking French via Duolingo! I’m having SO much fun refreshing my skills a little bit each day.
- Built out a new page full of the products you guys have told me time and time again that you love and heard about on wit & whimsy! Meet: Reader Favorites.
- Shared an update on my CBD experience on Instagram. I started taking some daily softgels last month to help with my increased anxiety and have been so happy with the results. They’re intended for all-day balance as they are a slow-release product that are intended to give long-lasting effects. Use code witwhimsy for 15% off your first order.
- Inspired by this blog post, I made myself a proper French petit dejeuner (see above!)
- By request, I added all my favorite makeup brushes to the The Shop (scroll to the bottom).
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- The best television shows to stream right now according to The Atlantic.
- I was moved by this piece on DORE on grief during this time. “We have no choice but to wait, to surrender to the unknown, and be patient until we gradually grow into who we will become next.” I feel this deeply right now.
- My friend Rebecca shared a handy post on boulangerie etiquette for your next trip to Paris.
- A fascinating read on how people who have been living alone during the pandemic have been coping.
- In defense of a good cry. THIS! I had one last weekend.
- How to bartend for one. (I have thankfully mastered this thanks to Let’s Make a Drink!)
- This spring pasta dish sounds so light and lovely.
- Goop rounded up virtual travel experiences – bookmarking these for an upcoming weekend!
- How to refuel when you feel emotionally drained.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- My favorite French clothing brand Sezane has launched a home line! How timely. Most items had sold out by the time I saw the news so I’m hoping for a restock soon!
- LOFT’s new arrivals are so good. Favorites spotted include this pretty peplum top, this transitional sweater, this darling dress, this comfy polka dot jumpsuit, this dress perfect for warm WFH days (and the striped version, too!), this casual Spring jacket, this flattering tank and this dress and this jumpsuit that both have my name all over it.
- And by sister brand Ann Taylor, everything I tried on in this post is 50% off today!
- The new Heather Wheat color of my favorite sweatpants is SO good! Highly recommend the matching sweatshirt, too for the lounge set of your dreams. I wear a Small in both.
- I am loving The White Company’s expanded home decor collection. So many pretty, affordable pieces to upgrade your home. And also from the brand, these gorgeous summer pajamas.
- I was so thrilled when I discovered the Instagram account Parisian Postcards and then she shared that she sells her beautiful Paris watercolors on Etsy! How gorgeous are they? I think this one, this one and this one are my favorites – now to determine which one to buy!
- This tank has a flattering cut and looks perfect for summer.
- As I’m currently spending loads of time in my kitchen, I was browsing Chrissy Tiegen’s collection for Target and spotted so many good things.
- May have been living under a rock but I can’t get over how much good stuff Nordstrom Rack has at the moment! This Madewell striped tee (and this one and this one), these Nike sneakers (and these, too), these Sam Edelman booties I always see all over Instagram, this cute striped t-shirt dress, this versatile cardigan you can wear year round, this cozy zip up perfect for early morning or evening walks and this chic bralette.
- This Amazon brand has so many cute intimates and pajamas! I featured this romper in a recent post and a reader told me she loves it so much she’s getting it in a second color.
- Love the look of this affordable tee to throw over a sports bra. From the same brand, eyeing these chic and well-priced joggers.
- Everlane just launched one of their rare sales – choose what you pay now on a variety of items you’ll wear a lot.
- If you’re in the market for a utility jacket (I live in my utility jacket during spring and fall), I’m loving this cute off-white one.