While I love staying in hotels when I travel, Paris is the one place where I absolutely love staying in an apartment, too. There’s no quicker way to feel Parisian than to feel you’re coming home to an apartment. For those traveling as a family or in larger groups, opting to stay in an apartment can also be a preferred way to get more together time and make your accommodations more affordable.
Everything to Know About Staying in an Apartment in Paris
As part of Paris, Perfected, I offer clients who are looking for accommodations recommendations for both hotels and apartments. When it comes to apartments in Paris, I recommend booking with Haven In Paris or Paris for Rent who both provide exceptional service above and beyond what you’d receive with an Airbnb. (I’ve stayed in many an Airbnb in Paris in the past but no longer will).
Haven In Paris and Paris for Rent are part of the same parent company but each boast portfolios of highly curated apartment rentals in Paris that meet their rigorous standards. Haven In’s portfolio tends to be more upscale but you will see a bit of overlap on some flagship properties on their site along with Paris for Rent’s offerings given they are owned and operated by the same parent company.
On my most recent trip to Paris I stayed at two of the Paris for Rent properties and was so impressed with the experience. Today I’m thrilled to be sharing more about their offerings, a peek inside both apartments and some of the benefits you’ll get by staying at an apartment vs. a hotel.
The first property I stayed at was the Notre Dame Garden apartment on the Left Bank. Located in the 5th arrondissement this 2 bedroom unit is steps from Notre Dame and Saint Germain making it ideal for first timers to Paris and for everyone who loves easy walking access to Paris’ greatest sights and my personal favorite neighborhood, the Marais. In addition to the amazing location of this apartment, it is an utter showstopper the moment you walk in. The beautiful balconies, the fireplace, the sweeping views, the natural light pouring in and beautifully designed minimalist spaces perfect sharing with friends and loved ones. You even have a small glimpse at the Eiffel Tower from one of the balconies! This is one of the portfolio’s most popular properties and it is easy to see why.
The second property we stayed at was the Marais Gem which felt like staying in a secret home. This duplex is down a hidden street and off of a little courtyard that felt so special to come home to every evening. It is nestled in my favorite neighborhood in Paris and was close to so many of my favorites (Boulangerie Utopie, Ob La Di, Season; among others). This eclectically designed 3 bedroom apartment is cozy and warm and would be ideal for a family traveling with children.
A few other properties worth browsing for your next stay:
- Paris Bastille, a 1BR starting at $179/night
- Luxembourg Skyviews, a 2BR starting at $289/night
- St Germain Secret, a 1BR starting at $295/night
And if you’re looking for a longer term rental in Paris, the team also has options such as:
- St Germain Bohème, a 1BR starts at $2,650/month
- Montmartre Secret, a 1BR starting at $2,900/month
- Rivoli Rooftops, a 1BR starting at $3,900/month
A few things to know about booking with Paris for Rent & Haven In:
- Upon arrival, a knowledgeable and English speaking member of their staff will greet you at the unit, assist with luggage if needed, provide you with a tour and ours also provided us with the best neighborhood eateries, bakeries and markets for us to peruse during our stay. It made getting settled in such a nice experience.
- There is a 5 nights minimum rental charge on the properties. During peak Summer and holiday seasons, some properties have a 7 nights minimum. They can occasionally accommodate stays of less than 5 nights if you inquire after this.
- All Paris For Rent rental prices are in US Dollars and include everything except a final cleaning fee and the City Occupancy Tax. The amount for the final cleaning fee varies depending on the number of bedrooms and size of apartments (typically from $150 to $450.)
- All properties are equipped with ironing boards and irons and hairdryers. (Be sure to bring your own adaptors for required electronics.)
- All kitchens are fully outfitted with everything you would need to make a meal at home. Cooking meals at your apartment is a great way to secure cost savings during your trip to Paris.
- If requested, they are able to provide cribs, strollers or high chairs for guests traveling with young children.
- Your Paris For Rent representative can provide you with a host of dining and site-seeing recommendations. They can also book restaurants for you as well as many other activities. (I love that they offer this! It serves the same function as a hotel concierge would and you would certainly not get this service with an Airbnb).
- Their team is willing and happy to organize a Chauffeur service for you for airport transfers.
Staying in an apartment in Paris really allows you a sense of what it feels like to be a local vs. just a tourist returning to a hotel every evening. If you book a Parisian apartment for your next trip, I highly recommend finding your neighborhood’s boulangerie for morning croissants and evening aperitif baguettes while also picking up cheese from the local fromagerie. A bottle of wine will complete the perfect French-inspired gathering for your trip. It is one of my favorite pasttimes when staying in Parisian apartments.
Paris for Rent also boasts a Last Minute Deals portion of their site with great deals on properties if you have flexible travel dates. Certainly worth a look if you ever score a good last minute airfare.
My experience with the team from Haven In Paris and Paris for Rent impressed me with their attention to detail and I found them incredibly warm, welcoming and ready to ensure you have the best trip to Paris and feel at home in the city. I will no doubt be booking with them again on a future trip and look forward to guiding many a future Paris, Perfected client to their beautiful portfolio of properties.
Are you looking to know more about the French way of life and get insider tips for an upcoming trip to Paris? I would love to work with you! Book a Paris, Perfected plan with me today.
p.s. a guide to Paris’ Saint Germain neighborhood and what to do in Paris when it rains.