This week nearly did me in. I was completely over-scheduled and I’m quite sure I will be collapsing into bed tonight. I had so much going on both in my work & social life that I went to bed late each night and then I believe stress was to blame for the out-of-the-ordinary 5AM wakeup calls every morning with no ability to properly go back to bed. It, of course, helped in the productivity department but I felt burnt out and low on energy each day as a result. Needless to say, I am thrilled to have a weekend that is low on plans. I want to do some cooking at home, see a movie (any suggestions!?) and enjoy time in my neighborhood.
With that, I’ll leave you all to have a hopefully delightful weekend & I’ll see you back here on Monday! xx
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- I made a bunch of updates to my New York City Guide!
- Finally signed up for Amazon Prime. I know, I know – what took me so long!?
- Had dinner with some girlfriends in Chelsea and then also indulged at Minetta Tavern with friends.
- I did a ton of new business prospecting for my consulting business. It was stressful but a productive week with four meetings with prospective clients.
- Caught up with Carly over breakfast bowls, Blair over coffee and Erika over breakfast. (Blair just added a really cute daily addition to her site by the way – check it out here!)
- Onboarded my newest team member for my consulting business!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- This read was so empowering! I have a lot of thoughts on how to negotiate for what you’re worth and have learned so much in the 1.5 years as someone that is self-employed. It is always uncomfortable to talk money but it is never not worth it to ask for what you feel you’re worth!
- This was a bittersweet read as I worked on the PR team to help launch the airline back in the day! (I did the crazy launches for their Dallas, Ft. Lauderdale and Toronto markets!)
- Jess rounded up some cute snow day outfits and was kind enough to include a look from yours truly.
- I LOVE this move by CVS! (It has personally always upset me that mascara ads style models’ lashes with false inserts – we need more truth in advertising and this move by CVS is a good start!)
- I thought this was such a thoughtful collab.
- Carly rounded up a list of the best spots to get cozy in New York during winter. There were a few I added to my list that I want to check out!
- Helpful coffee table styling tricks.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I bought this sweater.
- I love the detail on these sleeves.
- How cozy is this coat!?
- And I love the fit of this coat.
- Berets are so on trend right now and this one is affordable + comes in a bunch of colors!
- This dress is so pretty!
- These boots are stunners. Perfect for date night.
- How cute is this scalloped swimsuit?
- This swimsuit is also super cute.
- This hat makes me want to book a beach vacay sat. This dress, too!
- I love how amazing this top looks with denim. I’m always a fan of dressier tops with jeans.
- This pullover looks perfect for winter days.
- The best robe EVER is back in stock.
- This PJ set is darling.
- This sweater would be great for days where layering is required.
- I love a basic sweater dress & this one is classic + a great price.
- This top is perfect for a date night and only $62!
- These trousers look great for work.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Talking about where I want to travel.
- An outfit I love and a playlist that’s so great.
- Workout gear that’s cute AND all under $100.
- What a little staycation did for my mindset.
- My best beauty discoveries of 2017.
- My 2018 goals.