I was so glad to finally be feeling better this week and therefore be able to get a lot done as a result. I’m still not 100% (the cough + nasal congestion are lingering a bit) but I didn’t let it get me down and filled my week with a lot of work (had some big meetings this week!), my continued apartment search, workout classes (finally got back to my favorite Xtend Barre circuit class that leaves me dripping in sweat and panting but is such a good workout!) and also really worked on my eating habits (although had two indulgent dinners out…you win some you lose some!). I’ve been reading this book all week and it has made SUCH an impact on me. I’ve already changed my eating at home a lot as a result. Would you guys want to see a blog post on my takeaways?
I’m excited for some down time this weekend but I also have a few new-to-NYC spots that I’m planning to check out. We’re supposed to be in the 60s, too so time in the sun will also be in order! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Had a much-needed facial at Dermaologica in Soho. I only recently discovered they can do treatments there and it is such an amazing space. Your skin gets analyzed and then you can choose from a variety of services that’ll help target your problem areas. You’ll also get personalized skincare recommendations. My skin looked AMAZING sans makeup afterwards.
- Had dinner at La Mercerie. I love their space so much but do know that the dinner menu is rather limited and rather pricey. I’ll keep it a breakfast place personally moving forward.
- I also caught up with one of my BFFs who was in town from London! We indulged big time at Emmy Squared.
- Enjoyed some great work sessions at The Wing. I love having these homebases for work throughout the city. (They are coming to a lot of new cities soon in case you’re interested!)
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- These smoothie bowls look delicious.
- I was SO fascinated to read about Elle MacPherson’s day to day. (I love the products from her WellCo brand, btw! I use the vanilla protein powder and the super elixir greens.)
- How to layer your skincare products.
- I get asked often about work bags (another inquiry came in from a reader just this week!) I sent along Grace’s great post about some of the best options out there.
- These nail polishes are so pretty.
- I loved this pretty neutral casual look on Kat. The blush sneakers are so cute!
- I’ve bookmarked this post about decorating in small spaces as I get ready to move again.
- I always love reading about the TIME 100 Most Influential People.
- So proud of Julia on the launch of her Gal Meets Glam collection! You can tell all the hard work that went into it.
- Loved seeing my friend Grace’s apartment on The Coveteur!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Sephora’s sale just started!! If you belong to their rewards program and are a VIB you can get 15% off or if you’re an INSIDER you can get 10% off your order. This adds up! I’m using the sale to restock on my all-time holy grail favorites I use all the time including this, this, this, this & this and then I also bought this sunscreen to try, too.
- This robe is so beautiful.
- Rebecca Taylor has always been a brand I love and her latest collection is SO GOOD. There are a few pieces that may be great Spring “splurge” and “wear all the time” items.
- This hat may be the perfect summer staple.
- This little $49 bag is perfect for all your upcoming summer occasions. This similar straw one is also darling.
- I have these sweats and they are everything. So soft + cozy. I live for coming home after a busy day and putting them on.
- Added a ton of pretty things to the Spring / Summer shop!
- I recently had a reader ask if I have a sheets recommendation and figured I’d share it more broadly! THESE are the best sheets ever. I have two sets and they are so cozy yet remain crisp + cool. Ever since I bought them two years ago I recommend them to everyone.
- Found: The perfect beach bag.
- This may be one of the prettiest swimsuits I’ve ever, ever seen.
- Cutie sandals.
- I love these go-with-everything sandals.
- So many cute swimsuits! (Have any of you tried this brand?!)
- Speaking of cute swimsuits, Amazon has some really darling one pieces!
- I really like the neckline on this dress and you can’t beat the price.
- How chic are these white loafers?
- You can wear these sandals all summer.
- A hat worthwhile of many photo opps.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Cute Spring finds – all under $100!
- Why you should try solo travel.
- A look perfect for April showers.
- My go-to recipes.
- My favorite spots in Brooklyn Heights.
- How to maximize small spaces.