Phew, this week. I’ve gotta say: it was a drag. Not only did it feel like it went on for forever, some of you may have seen on Instagram that I had a nasty comment said to me and I’d be lying if I said it didn’t get to me and pull down my week. But, all the more reason I’m happy it is Friday & I’m particularly excited for this weekend as I’m headed to the Catskills on Sunday! The weather unfortunately looks like my planned hike + pool time aren’t feasible but the escape and some R&R will be certainly welcomed.
Do you have any fun plans for the weekend? I hope you have a great one & enjoy today’s roundup!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- I got a Kerafix treatment at the Nexxus Salon in Tribeca and it was amazing! My hair felt so much healthier after and it was a welcomed treat given I’ve been growing my color out and not doing much upkeep as a result.
- Had the nicest catch up with my friend & fellow blogger Erika. She is always such a delight + I absolutely love her content.
- Bought tickets for the Color Factory! I’m so excited it is coming to NYC because all my friends in San Francisco went & it looked like so much fun.
- Got a much needed facial at Mario Badescu. My pores on my chin & nose were SO clogged but the facial instantly helped. I’ve been going here the entire time I’ve lived in NYC. Their facials start at $65 and are extremely clinical in nature so you won’t get that spa-like feel but your skin will thank you. My facialist told me to use this mask that I have + love three times a week to continue to combat the congestion.
- Popped by the Jonathan Adler holiday preview. I love their team and they always have such fun pieces.
- Signed a new consulting client!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I learned some great makeup application tips from this tutorial. (She and I use a lot of the same products like this primer, this blush, this highlighter, this concealer and this lotion!) I used some of her techniques this week and really loved how my makeup turned out!
- I loved this article on showing up for the people in your life.
- Travel + Leisure says these are the best cities to travel solo. (My thoughts on solo travel are here.)
- I loved Geri’s summer wellness bucket list. I want to take a page from her and do some of the items on there!
- These are the most affordable European summer destinations.
- In need of some good new podcasts? Grace rounded up some great ones! (We are in agreement about Second Life!)
- I haven’t had frose nearly enough this summer so this may just inspire me to make it at home!
- A friend shared this collection of city guides put together by local creatives around the world. Definitely bookmarking for all my future travels (including Portland next month!)
- Tips for keeping indoor plants happy.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- How pretty is this robe? And this little PJ teddy by the same brand?
- You’ll wear these little Michael Kors booties so much!
- How cute is this summery jumpsuit?
- This is such a power dress.
- Carly and I both agree – these are such good pjs. Love the long top + shorts. This brand has so many cute pajamas!
- This new line at Nordstrom is filled with affordable basics + classic pieces.
- I read this book in two days while on Nantucket! It is so good.
- Loving this jumpsuit.
- I love the more moto style of this leather jacket.
- I am not usually one for novelty bags but omg THIS ONE. I die. It’s too cute.
- Just bought this versatile Nike pullover.
- This gingham swimsuit looks so flattering! Same with this one!
- Urban Outfitters has so many cute dresses right now! I like this one, this one, this one, this one, this one and this one.
- This LBD is equal parts comfy as it is glam looking.
- A classic silk wrap dress that will never go out of style.
- Added LOTS to the Under $100 Shop. (I bought this & this!)
- Everlane’s super popular ballet flat is back! (And in lots of colors.)
- BaubleBar is doing a great sale! Up to 30% off.
- I always love when Shopbop does their roundups of finds under $200.
- Nothing has ever screamed my name more than this gingham midi dress, currently on sale for under $50!
- This striped pom-pom dress is too cute.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Here are all my picks for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale in case you missed them this morning.
- A casual summer outfit + answering your questions.
- Polka Dots on Nantucket.
- My favorite Amazon buys.
- The drugstore beauty products I am loving.
- Beauty routines to do before a big event. (Been doing a lot of these in advance of my brother’s wedding!)
- An outfit in Lisbon, Portugal.