Happy Friday from Paris! A very happy Friday indeed, if you ask me. (And certainly a better end to the week than a beginning – more on that below!) I arrived to Paris early yesterday and today am starting my first full day with an early morning shoot with Briony followed by exploring the 15th arrondisement which is one I’ve not spent much time in – I can’t wait! As a head’s up I’m going to have an abbreviated posting schedule next week (trying to take some actual time off this trip!) but the weekly roundup will definitely go live next Friday at the very minimum. In the meantime follow along on my Parisian adventures over on Instagram!
This week was a great example of low lows and high highs. My site was hacked + disabled on Monday morning and I spent all of Monday trying to get things rightsized with my tech team + my host. The problems persisted into Tuesday when, while the site was live again, multiple post drafts I had nearly finalized in preparation of my upcoming trip were gone and unable to be recovered. I had to do so much work over again. (Also the saying of getting gray hair from stress…too true! I woke up with multiple new gray strands the following morning – ha!) This is the sort of thing you don’t realize goes on behind the scenes of a blog: all the backend management. Plugins to keep updated, coding to oversee and the occasional total site meltdown that sends your head spinning. It was brutal and so, so stressful. Oy. Anyhow, thanks for being patient with me this week as I worked through this. (And a special shoutout to reader Maddy who, upon seeing what was going on via my Instagram Stories, sent me $15 to buy a cocktail as I endured it all! She made my whole week <3). As a result of all this you may have missed my post Monday so check it out here and give it some love!? Haha! Seriously though thank you to everyone who reached out with kind words as I went through this stressful time!
Now, onto the roundup!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Arrived to Paris!
- Got a treatment at Skin Laundry before I left to try and help some of my redness and acne that I’ve had going on of late. I loved it and my lurking, bothersome zit on my chin was radically reduced afterwards. If you use the link above you can get your first laser + light facial for free!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- The Fashion Week beauty trends you can expect to see next year.
- Who else is going to tune into the new season of House of Cards? I can’t wait to see Robin Wright take on the role of President.
- How delicious do these zucchini roll ups sound?
- I thought Kat shared loads of good career advice in this post.
- An easy way to be instantly happier.
- This is our mind + body on coffee.
- Grace’s recent trip to Morocco has me hoping to get there sooner rather than later!
- Delicious sounding pumpkin recipes to make this season.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Oooo these patent loafers are so, so chic.
- I love this sophisticated wrap coat.
- This dress is perfect for the holidays or a winter wedding.
- Always love a slouchy sweater.
- How fab is this velvet blazer?
- These chic Tory Burch loafers are so good.
- This is a great camel car coat from Gap.
- A cozy faux fur vest for under $100.
- I love the new cashmere ribbed Everlane sweaters! So cozy yet stylish. I popped in the NYC store earlier this week and picked up the black crewneck one (in a size Medium).
- These leopard flats are the perfect pop of print for any outfit.
- I love that J.Crew has curated an “Icons” collection. Timeless pieces you’ll wear over and over.
- This fresh take on the utility jacket is so good + I love the price.
- This Barbour scarf doubles as a wrap and is the perfect classic plaid.
- Reformation launched cashmere! I looooove this sweater.
- So much fun seasonal holiday decor is on Nordstrom’s website (who knew!?)
- These are Sole Society’s best-selling booties.
- How gorgeous is this sweater dress?
- Speaking of dresses, this sporty Banana Republic one is so good! It looks awesome styled with sneakers.
- I adore the wash of these Madewell jeans.
- This faux fur jacket is perfectly glam yet under $100!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- The inexpensive beauty tools I love using.
- What I packed for Paris.
- Musings on being mindful.
- My advice for getting out of a career rut.
- My travel essentials.
- Reviewing the Everlane Day Boot.
- Cute Coats at every price.
Have a wonderful weekend and hope you enjoyed this week’s roundup!