Safe to say this Memorial Day Weekend will feel like none other in our history, am I right? Summer is so close we should be able to taste all the feel-good memories that come with the season but instead it is feeling very bittersweet right now. I’m trying to put my thinking cap on to come up with some things to look forward to but have been having difficulty!
I hope you enjoy this (extra dense!) weekly roundup + the holiday weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- I built out a new section in The Shop of all my Home Favorites! These pages take so long to do but I hope you’ll find this handy.
- I completely updated the Seasonal Favorites part of the shop. The best of spring/summer finds out there right now.
- I added an easier way to find my blog posts with book recommendations! On the Menu above hover over Lifestyle and you’ll a dropdown appear where you can select Books now. You can also always find books I’ve liked in my Amazon Shop. I update this portio of my Amazon shop as soon as I finish a book I like.
- Made this tart and delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp with rhubarb I had bought at the farmer’s market last weekend. Felt like a nice sneak peek to summer flavors.
- I tried on some new pieces on Instagram Stories – you can see them here!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- How to throw a video birthday party. Because this is our lives now.
- Loved this list of creative ways to stay close to family & friends during this time. I’ve enjoyed sending out cards to my people and will definitely be stealing an idea or two from Liz.
- I love this virtual visit through my borough of Brooklyn.
- How delicious does this cinnamon coffee cake sound?
- Now is the perfect time to begin using a retinol – these over the counter ones are Allure approved and since they are OTC they’ll be a more gentle entry into this skincare ingredient that’s great for anti-aging.
- If you follow my “Let’s Take a Walk” series on Instagram, I think you’ll enjoy this read about the joy of circling the block.
- What popular tourist destinations look and feel like right now – according to locals.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- One of my very favorite pairs of joggers (that are just $88) are fully restocked! They keep selling out. I own the size M but could have also sized down to a S for a more fitted look. The quality of these is so good.
- I don’t know why it took me 2+ months of working from home straight to re-discover this seamless bralette I bought for my flight to/from Australia last year (no one needs to be in underwire for 20+ hours straight!) but I am so glad to have found it again in my dresser drawer as it is so comfy and you can’t beat the $15 price. I have it in size XL.
- My summer WFH wardrobe definitely needs this Lou & Grey dress and this one, too.
- Hello, new arrivals goodness from H&M! Favorites spotted include this dress that would be so cute paired with casual sneakers, this dress that has my name all over it, this cute top (and this one, too), this dress, this dress, this dress that I wore in a stripes pattern on Nantucket last summer, this top, this swimsuit that looks designer, this top, this dress and this dress which I just love.
- I’ve been using this cuticle oil almost every day to keep my nails looking better. It smells lovely and I keep it right next to where I do most of my FaceTime calls so I always remember to use it!
- Just bought this super duper cozy fleece sweatshirt. I keep wearing sweatshirt most days so seemed like the right move. The M was a perfect fit.
- Oh my, this top is calling my name for summer time (and only $15!)
- The bow detail on the back of this top is so darling.
- I’m so glad simple tanks are coming back in style. I like this one and this one.
- I’m loving the tees in Sezane’s newest collection. See my Sezane sizing guide here.
- These pjs are so cute. So are these.
- Levi’s 501s on sale!
THE BEST MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND SALES:
- The sweatshirt + sweatpants set I have in two colors and have lived in more than anything else in the past two months is 50% off!! I wear small in both.
- Also from the LOFT, the new arrivals are so good and are all 50% off! This dress is darling, so is this one, this jumpsuit has my name on it, this dress would be so cute with sneakers, this top is super flattering and this dress is perfect for working from home this summer.
- My Nespresso machine is on sale.
- ASOS is 25% off. It’s the perfect place to buy affordable pieces you can wear this summer. I personally bought this dress, this dress, this dress, this dress & this visor. My ASOS pieces always serve me well.
- Quarantine got you coveting cookware like me? Verishop has a selection of Staub on sale. Truthfully, their entire Home sale selection is worth looking at. This site is new and has quickly become a favorite of mine for fast shipping and unique finds. My new beloved champagne saucers are from the site!
- Shopbop has up to $150 off your order. Best items I spotted in their sale include this Reformation dress (always size up at least a size in this brand), a flat + a heeled version of Soludos beloved espadrilles, this striped dress I wore in Paris last summer on my birthday (wearing a M), these jeans, the Ray Ban sunglasses I wore here, this top, this top and this top, these sandals that go with everything, this striped tee, these jeans and this dress.
- Naadam has 25% off their chic loungewear and comfy clothes.
- Ann Taylor has 60% off! You can score the pieces I wore here on sale now and I am personally looking at buying this dress + this jumpsuit!
- Dermstore has 20% off a bunch of products so if you’re also being obsessive about your skincare routine right now like me, this sale is for you. A LOT of my favorite products are included like the best scalp scrub (this mini goes a long way!), the pumpkin peel I just raved about this week, my very favorite bath product of all time, so many of my Caudalie go-tos like the best nighttime moisturizer I’m always talking about, this serum and this serum I’ve been using and benefitting from lately in quarantine, this Beauty Elixir that’s the best pick-me-up for skin throughout the day, also the best eye masks that are so fun but also work from Wander Beauty, the de-frizz serum I swear by all summer, a dry brush that is great for getting rid of dead skin + prepping before self tanner, the brow serum and lash serum I’ve been using all of quarantine and really liking, and my daily toner.
- I wear Aerie underwear most days and this weekend you can get 10 pairs for just $35!! I wear size M.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- My favorite clean face masks and peels.
- Affordable work from home outfits for this Spring & Summer.
- Everything I’ve read in quarantine so far.
- A virtual visit to Paris.
- 18 podcast episodes I really enjoyed.
- Some favorite small businesses of mine.
- 20 new things you can try.