We’ve been all over the country this year- traveling lots and headed back to New York again next week! So, as a result, we thought we’d revisit a post we did years ago here on WIT & Whimsy with some great travel tips.
Here are some good tips to know for before, during and after you travel. And be sure to always drink a ton of water so your skin and body don’t feel dehydrated after all of that shared, pressurized air…Bon Voyage!
– Be sure to join mileage programs for the airlines that you often fly. With heightened security measures, becoming a frequent flyer on particular airlines can help expedite your checking-in process as well as time spent in the security line. Be sure to sign up for our absolute favorite airline, Virgin America. They are the most amazing airline- you fly in style (the photo shown here is of the interior cabin)!
– When checking-in it doesn’t hurt to ask the airline employee if there will be any opportunities for last-minute upgrades. Sometimes you can get put on the upgrade list just for asking this simple question. You may find yourself in first or business class before you know it!
– Don’t forget to fully charge any electronic items (cell phone, laptop, ipod, etc.) you will be wanting use of and remember to bring along any of the accompanying cords. No WIT wants to have to ask to use someone else’s charger or find themselves in one of those booths for a quick charge to her laptop!
– Head to Brookstone where their NAP line- full of pillows, blankets, eye masks and more- is luscious, cozy, and affordable. You’ll love the soft feel of the fabric and they are made to be the perfect size for not only a nap wherever you may find yourself taking one, but ideal for traveling in planes, trains, or automobiles!
– Don’t hesitate to ask flight attendants for additional beverages, little pretzels to snack on, or to check and see if any blankets or magazines are available for the flight.
– Before take off ask a flight attendant if there are any extra seats on the off chance that an aisle or window seat- which ever you may prefer- happens to be open.
– Bring along only a small make-up kit for touch ups upon landing. Before announcement of arrival, sneak into the bathroom to put on some fresh gloss and powder so that you will feel more confident and a bit less dirty when you head to wherever or whomever may be your final destination.
– Hold on to your ticketstub so that you can ensure your miles have been added online. Airlines like to pretend they are adding your most recent flight, when sometimes you’re not even getting credit.
– Be grateful for the service you have just been provided by thanking pilots and other crewmembers. Their job isn’t easy and if you’ve had an enjoyable experience let the airline know by filling out a form online or calling their toll-free number. However, on the other end- if something was not satisfactory, also call to express your disappointment. Whether you’re complimenting or complaining, you may receive dollars off your next flight, airline vouchers, or additional miles.
Subscribe to WIT & Whimsy’s RSS feed for all the latest posts and giveaways!