There are many times we wish we had a personal stylist upon whom we could call to get the perfect outfit, the prettiest up-do and the fresh, dewy makeup look. Alas, woe is us. Not really though 🙂 Especially when we can have experts like hair stylist to the stars, Moulay Yacoubi provide us tops on DIY hair looks!
New York’s exclusive Pierre Michel Salon just re-located to a gorgeous, 10,000 sq. ft. loft location and better yet, the salon is offering a 20% discount to celebrate the new launch now through March 31st, 2010!
Moulay is one of the best hair stylists out there and also recently served as a judge on Bravo’s hit hair competition “Shear Genius.” Moulay’s work has graced the cover of major magazines in both Paris and the U.S. He has styled many celebrities that we adore including Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Aniston and Amy Adams.
Just in time for holiday parties and New Year’s eve, Moulay was kind enough to provide tips to WIT & Whimsy readers on how to achieve Amy Adams’ gorgeous chignon seen here that she graced this past year’s Academy Awards for which she was nominated for her role in Doubt.
Check them out here! And send us a pic if you try the style- you could end up featured on WIT & Whimsy!
1. Wash hair and prep the hair with medium hold mousse.
2. Dry the hair, parting it to one side with a comb.
3. Comb through the top of the hair so that it is smooth and flat against the head.
4. Gather the hair into a low ponytail on the parted side and secure it with an elastic band.
5. Twist the ponytail into a loose bun and secure it with an elastic hairband the same color as the hair.
6. Using finger tips “fluff up” the top of the hair to add some volume.
7. Finish with a shine serum. (WIT & Whimsy recommends Bumble & Bumble defrizz serum seen here.)
photo courtesy of Moulay Yacoubi