1. A bright color goes a long way towards making you look summery and terrific.
2. Skip foundation on a hot day in favor of some pressed powder and a little bronzer!
3. Even cheap ice cream tastes great by the pool in the sun. Or make your own.
4. Take the weather as an opportunity to get outside and walk somewhere! No reason to go to the gym when it’s beautiful outside.
5. Take a page from Kate Middleton’s book and pick up an amazing summer hat!
6. Most fruits and veggies are incredible during the summer — look for in season tomatoes, lettuces, fresh herbs, peaches and berries!
7. Food tastes better outside — fire up the grill or find a great restaurant with outdoor tables, and watch the sun set!
8. The best summer styles are incredibly wearable — the perfect soft t-shirts, denim cutoffs, maxi dresses, and wedge sandals!
9. Even if you can’t get to the beach, you can still get beach waves! Clampless curling irons are a miracle product — I’m obsessed with mine! Try this look.
10. Don’t forget sunscreen!
– Katy of Sugarlaws
photos: 1. Banana Republic dress 2. Beach time 3. Homemade cookies & cream ice cream (recipe here)