I recently had two people ask me the trick to preserving hair after a work out. Both indicated they were “rather sweaty” or “super sweaty” people at the gym and I indicated I’m the same (oh so glamorous!) but I let them know I had found a pretty good formula.
I subscribe to the belief that it’s not great to be washing your hair every day but when you’re a) trying to get your work out on regularly and b) not wanting to have to style your hair every day for the health of it (or have gotten a professional blow out), things get a bit tricky.
So here’s what I’ve found that works. If you have any comments/suggestions/feedback- feel free to leave in the comments!
- Before your work out, instead of putting your hair up with an elastic, pop up your hair into a tight bun with Goody Spin Pins. Be sure they are secure but this will keep your hair from getting that dreaded dent in it. Also pop on a headband right at your hair line. I wear this one.
- Post-workout and post shower (with your hair wrapped in a towel or under a shower cap), wet the hair framing your face and blow dry with a round ceramic brush. I use the Arrojo Medium Ceramic Brush.
- Next use a dry shampoo in your roots. I recommend DryBar Detox Dry Shampoo. This will absorb any excess oil and add body while smoothing. Then brush it out after a few minutes.
- Add Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray to your roots and around the crown of your head to add texture and additional volume should you like.
- And finally, spritz Fekkai Glossing Sheer Shine Mist on your hair as a last step…and voila!