Over the years I’ve become a bit obsessive compulsive when it comes to packing for trips. I used to chronically over-pack (if I’m being honest, it still can be an issue), but when business travel become a regular occurrence for me, I started to get better at ensuring I was an efficient packer. I started choosing the ease of just traveling with a carry-on and began to realize less really is more when you’re on the road for shorter trips. No waiting at baggage claim, no baggage fees…you know the drill. So as I was packing for this week’s upcoming trip (a full packing list coming at you on Friday!), I got to thinking about what I absolutely need whenever I travel when it comes to beauty products and thought I would share.
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray: I sing the praises of this product always and when it comes to traveling, I choose this over hairspray as when in a bind for space as it can somewhat do the job of both.
- Living Proof PhD: Normally when at home I combine this product with this one, but in a pinch on the road, I prep my hair with this before blow drying.
- Two travel bottles of my face washes: More on those in this post.
- Clarins Eye Revive: I don’t look alive in the mornings without this product. It decreases puffiness and preps my eyes for primer + eye shadow.
- DryBar Dry Shampoo: The best dry shampoo and now available in the cutest travel size. I use it every morning when traveling.
- Downy Wrinkle Release: I take a travel size of this everywhere. It smooths out clothes and those inevitable wrinkles you get after rolling up your garments, makes everything smell good and all in all is a product I seriously cannot live without. If asked what I would bring to a desert island, my roommates would probably tell you this would make the list (if you have never tried it, wait no more…GET ON IT.)
And on this particular trip, I’ll also be packing my favorite sunscreen (my skin has been in major hibernation all winter so hats + SPF it is for this fair skinned girl!) I am not particular about shampoo + conditioner when traveling for under a week so I generally rely on what products are available in a hotel which frees up space for more styling products.
Next up for my travel escapades, I’m going to invest in some of THESE.
What products do you swear by for travel?