I’ve always been one to savor rituals. I’m a habitual person in nature. I like to eat the same things over and over again, my friends often make fun of me for listening to the same song over and over again…you get the picture. My weekend rituals are very similar in nature. I love unwinding with a glass of wine on Friday nights. And picking up fresh flowers at my neighborhood bodega to be able to enjoy all weekend. And prior to Nespresso reaching out to me, I used to sometimes peel myself out of bed to go to a nearby coffee shop to get my daily caffeine fix but now that’s changed since the Nespresso VertuoLine came into my life. Savoring a morning cup of coffee in my pjs in the morning or mixing up an iced coffee for an afternoon fix prior to running errands has never been so enjoyable.
Excited to try out the machine the other weekend, I set out to make an Iced Tropical Caramel Coffee and it was so much fun – and not to mention the fact that I provided a very unexpected twist to my iced coffee addiction. The recipe is below and I also added a bit of frothed milk to add into the bottom using the Nespresso Aeroccino (which is so fun to have, btw!) because a coffee shop from my San Francisco days always did that for iced lattes and turns out it is just as good of an addition to iced coffee.
In the recipe, I used the new Caramelezio blend which has the slightest hint of caramel in it lLet’s also talk about how pretty these packs are, am I right?)
I have always savored the weekend mornings spent at my apartment with my roommates. When we take the time to slow down and make breakfast and now delicious coffees from our Nespresso and curl up on the couch to watch our latest Netflix addiction…you remember why weekends were invented. And while some people don’t love rituals…I cherish mine even more when spent alongside friends.
Iced Tropical Caramel Coffee
- 1 cup pineapple juice or pineapple soda
- 1/2 oz / 15ml. coconut syrup
- 1 capsule of Caramelizio blend
- Skim milk for froth at the bottom of the glass
- 1 Tall Glass
- Ice cube tray
- Cocktail shaker
- Pineapple Ice Cube Preparation: Pour juice into ice cubes tray and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- Brew coffee into tall glass.
- Add coffee to a cocktail shaker with plain, fresh ice cubes and shake to chill.
- Place 1/2 oz coconut syrup and 3 pineapple flavored ice cubes into VertuoLine recipe glass.
- Strain chilled coffee over flavored ice cubes into the recipe glass.
- Stir and drink up
Thank you to Nespresso for partnering on this post.