After a week away in Scandinavia, I am heading home to New York today. As much as I love traveling, I’m a creature of habit at heart so it’ll be nice to get back to my routine. But you guys, vacation was so great! Here’s why…
First off, it actually felt like vacation! The first since I became self-employed. Truthfully, I was still checking email all the time but thankfully things were a bit slow. When you work for yourself, as mentioned in this post, there’s no ability to truly disconnect and not reply but there was nothing major that needed my attention and it was glorious. I barely set alarm clocks, I stayed up late reading (I finished 3 books!), I had wine with lunch, I took some really amazing naps, I didn’t reply to emails unless they were in fact urgent…it was truly a trip that was good for my soul. And I can’t say enough good things about Stockholm and Copenhagen. Both exceeded my expectations and I can’t wait to share more about each in future full blog posts.
Upon my return this week I’m looking forward to resetting. I need to get back to my workout schedule and get my eating back on track (farewell wine with lunch…). It’s going to be a busy month but I’ve got lots to look forward to including:
- Buckling down on the hunt for a new apartment. Wish me luck!
- Having one of my BFFs in town from London.
- Two of my friends are having babies! And another had one just last month! What blessings.
- Wrapping up a big work project and potentially starting another new fun one.
- Celebrating many an April birthday of loved ones.
- I hope to *finally* be able to lose the winter coats + accessories once and for all!
Do you guys have anything you’re looking forward to this month!? Hope you have a great start to the week!