I’m not one to describe myself as “tired” often but that’s what I felt the entire first half of this week! Last week I was having so many vivid, crazy dreams and they carried into Monday and Tuesday nights and I was left feeling so unrested. I powered through and today I’m so looking forward to as my new couch is finally being delivered! I cannot wait to see it. I’m also going to the Color Factory tonight which should be fun! Do you guys have any fun plans for the weekend? Can you believe next weekend is Labor Day!?
Also I want to say a quick yet heartfelt thank you to everyone who weighed in on yesterday’s very personal post. Your words meant so much to me!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend & enjoy the roundup!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Went on an Upstate adventure with Barbour! It was such a fun day with their team, Land Rover and Orvis to celebrate their collaboration on this fun sweepstakes and the forthcoming Barbour Defender collection which we got a sneak peek at and it is so cool. You can see more over on my Instagram Stories if you’re interested!
- Got tickets for a Best of Broadway concert at Carnegie Hall in November and I.Can’t.Wait!
- Had a delicious dinner at Kiki’s in the Lower East Side with girlfriends. I had never been and it was amazing. I’ll dream of their tzatziki.
- Bought Father of the Bride and Father of the Bride: Part II on Amazon so I can stream them whenever I want and frankly it was the best decision ever. I actually didn’t realize I could do this? #oldlady (Thank you for the tip, Carly!)
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- My mom knows me so well. She sent me this article on the best new books about France.
- This post of Carly’s really resonated with me. I’m lucky in that I don’t get a lot of mean comments but I remember every one I’ve gotten vividly in the past 12 years and I will never understand the type of person that thinks it is ok to leave hateful messages.
- YES to this piece on solo date night. Totally going to start doing this on ocassion. I always enjoy them when I travel solo so why not do it in my own backyard?
- Great books for career inspiration.
- I spoke about self care last week and then saw this piece on the NY Times about “How I Self Care” – so interesting to see people’s takes!
- Yoga moves that are as good as massage? Yes, please.
- I was honored to be included in Carly’s list of her favorite blogs.
- This video made me cry.
- How good do these healthier enchiladas look?
- Skincare habits to establish in your 30s.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- This dress would transition so well to Fall if you paired it with a moto jacket + suede booties.
- I love this striped sweater.
- YESSSS! Lou & Grey has landed at Nordstrom! Loving this cardigan, this sweater, these sweatpants and this tee.
- Ooo this cool moto jacket is great.
- Never met a white ruffled top I didn’t like.
- I love this wrap sweater.
- How cute are these personalized phone cases? Also love all the ones this brand makes.
- This top would be so cute for a party!
- Love this striped top. (Also comes in a long sleeve version!)
- One of my favorite bag designers has landed at Nordstrom!
- Brooklinen’s AMAZING towels are finally restocked! (I wrote about them here.)
- I’ve kicked off the Fall Favorites shop! Lots more coming but some good picks to begin with.
- Tuckernuck has so many good new arrivals.
- This skirt is perfect for transitional weather. (You could style it similarly to this outfit.)
- These Tory Burch flats are such classics and could be worn for so many different occasions.
- My favorite dress of the summer now comes in two pretty new fabrics! (Worn here, here – in a size 10 with the straps shortened by a tailor.)
- Into these slouchy over the knee boots.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- A letter to my younger self.
- Sharing my battle with thyroid disease.
- A weekend in the Catskills (and what I packed).
- Some good basics to have in your wardrobe.
- All my go-to recipes.
- Everything I’ve been into this month.