For this month’s Beauty Edit, I wanted to focus on some budget-friendly products I keep on rotation or have tried in the past and really liked. I try out so many products and know that often when it comes to our beauty routines, it can be hard to prioritize where our dollars go. The following are my favorites that all retail for under $25.
- EcoTools Makeup Brush Shampoo. I’ve been using this since I did a collaboration with the brand years ago and it still is the only thing that makes me hate cleaning my makeup brushes a little less than I always do! Works like a charm and a little goes a long way. Such a good buy for $7!
- Aveeno Exfoliating Body Wash. This is one of my drugstore favorites. I’ve gone through several bottles. I love that it has barely any smell and is soothing as well as exfoliating.
- The Seaweed Bath Co. Eucalyptus & Peppermint Body Wash. OBSESSED does not begin to describe my feelings towards this body wash. The smell is so invigorating and so intoxicating and using it after my BBG workouts has basically become addicting. The brand was also just kind enough to send me their new body scrub in the same scent and I’m newly hooked on that, too. I really love this clean, cruelty-free and affordable brand and can’t say enough good things about the products I’ve tried.
- Jergens Natural Glow Wet Skin Moisturizer. My go-to fake tanning product. It adds the perfect glow that’s subtle and not streaky.
- DryBar Hold Me Hair Clips. I put my hair up with these at night in a bun and sleep with them so I can wake up with great day-two hair. There’s no kinking and no damage.
- BeautyBlender. I love, love, love my BeautyBlenders. I use them for blending contouring and to apply certain foundations. Such a handy tool to have on hand.
- Finishing Touch Hair Remover. I’m not sure how I lived so long without this under $20 tool but it flawlessly and painlessly gets rid of pesky face and chin hairs instantly.
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser. Not a lot of cleansers make me happy (I’m so picky about them) but I really love everything about this one. It’s inexpensive yet high quality, it’s comforting on the skin, has a great texture and is super gentle.
- Mario Badescu Seaweed Lotion. I use this to prevent chest and back breakouts. It cleans and disinfects skin by removing all the gunk that gets into our pores. Seaweed is anti-inflammatory so it’s particularly good for those irritated red bumps you can get on your chest and back.
- Mario Badescu Cucumber Lotion. The other MB toner I swear by – this one I use for my face after I cleanse both morning and night. It helps to minimize oil and it is super cooling so it is a delight to use. By using it I help to prevent pore congestion and therefore help to prevent breakouts.
- Mario Badescu Super Collagen Mask. Another great Mario Badescu mask that also purifies and nourishes. I like that my skin feels bouncier after using this.
- Mario Badescu Flower & Tonic Mask. A holy grail mask for me that really goes to work when my skin has been misbehaving. It clears out pores, calms stressed skin and absorbs dirt and oil.
- Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder. Heal and conceal zits with this $12 wonder. More on how I fight acne can be read about here.
- Maybelline Master Strobe. Another great Maybelline highlighter that is great to wear either over or under makeup for some serious highlight on your cheekbones.
- Maybelline Master Chrome Highlighter. This is the best drugstore dupe of the uber-popular Becca Opal highlighter that I’ve found. It is crazy pigmented so you just need to swipe on a little for major glow. The Molten Rose Gold shade is my favorite.
- Garnier Fructis Nourishing Treat Hair Mask. This coconut hair mask is money well spent. Not only does it smell divine but hair is crazy soft and conditioned after just one use.
- Sara Happ Coconut Lip Scrub. I love Sara’s lip products and for someone who has chapped lips often, adding in a lip scrub to my routine has been hugely beneficial.
- Stila HUGE Mascara. Hands down, my favorite mascara I’ve ever tried. And I’ve tried SO many. I keep coming back to this one. Such.Good.Results.
- Pixie Glow Tonic. Longtime readers know I am a huge fan of glycolic acid and this tonic is a great starter strength to introduce your skin to the acid. The glycolic will gently exfoliate your skin to leave it more glow-y and it also has aloe vera to sooth skin and prevent irritation. It has cult status for a reason. (I also like that it is alcohol-free. Lots of toners have alcohol which can be drying.)
- Botanics All Bright Radiance Boosting Serum. Such a well-performing drugstore serum! It’s only $12 and I really like the quality and texture of this serum. If you want to get into the serum game but don’t want to spend a lot of $$$, highly recommend starting with this one.
- L’Oréal Paris Lumi Glotion. This $10 bottle is part primer, part highlighter. It gives the prettiest glow without being overly apparent that you used it. Skin looks instantly fresh. I use it just before I apply my foundation or tinted moisturizer.
- Gillette Venus Metal Handle Razor. I guess I didn’t know my life was missing a more premium razor but I guess it was? I love the metal handle on this razor. I’ve used Gillette/Venus razors pretty much my entire adult life and always felt “fine” about them but there’s something about this heavier weight that somehow makes the razor a nicer experience to use.
- Almay Makeup Eraser Sticks. Ever struggle with eye makeup that has gone astray? Maybe you missed the mark on your cat eye or your eyeshadow traveled to your below your eye as you applied it? Just reach for one of these and quickly erase any errors.
- Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads. These are always what I use when I travel! Gets rid of stubborn eye makeup so easily and way more compact to travel with than a bottle of liquid remover.
A few other items that didn’t make their way into the collage include:
- This cracked heel cream. It’s sandal season and you need this stuff. It works in just one treatment and my feet are literally soft, smooth perfection after three uses.
- These gummy vitamins. They have definitely helped the health of my hair and nails.
- This volumizing shampoo and conditioner. I’ve definitely noticed a difference in my hair health and my hair volume since using this shampoo and conditioner. Not to mention: it smells amazing!
- This sunscreen. I don’t use this as my everyday sunscreen (I use my favorite Olay with SPF 25 for that) but it is what I reach for when I’m spending prolonged time outdoors. By the way I am working on a post about my favorite SPFs – coming soon!
- This shave cream. I’ve used eos for years and this is a newer formula of their shave cream that I quite like.
- This volumizing powder. I wrote about this stuff recently here but it is awesome if you struggle at getting volume at your roots.
Shop the Post:
Do you have a favorite affordable beauty product?