This weekend I focused on seizing. I wanted to seize the moments and activities I knew would spark joy or make me feel accomplished. Monday I spent the day doing the peskiest things on my to do list. Tuesday I seized the sliver of sunshine in the morning to get in a walk before a huge storm rolled through shortly there after. Then as the thunderstorm raged on in the afternoon I seized the cozy feeling and got into bed and pulled my book into my lap. I sat and read for an hour as the lightening flashed outside and the thunder kept me company. I seized the mornings for a quiet coffee followed by getting back into workouts. And I seized a positive state of mind as much as I could all week.
I hope you’ll do some seizing this weekend and that you enjoy this week’s roundup!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Planned my first LIVE take on my IGTV series Let’s Make a Drink! I’m going to do live drink making and answer questions with one of my BFF’s Jill on Instagram this Sunday at 5PM EST! I’ll be sharing the drink recipes on Stories so if you want to join us in the mixology you’ll have the ingredients at the ready. I hope you’ll tune in!
- Read Emily Giffin’s new book The Lies that Bind and WOW. It was such a good read. Emotional and page-turning. Highly recommend you pre-order it now.
- I added my favorite small businesses to their own page that now lives in The Shop entitled Shop Small! You can easily access the list now for whenever you want to support small businesses and shop small!
- I updated the Cozy and Casual and Under $100 shops, too.
- I created a video from my walk last Sunday around Lower Manhattan. The emptiness, the silence…it was so stark and so emotional. I will never forget this day.
- I updated my bath time favorites post.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- 18 cookbooks for comfort.
- A list of romantic comedies to keep you company.
- Coffee and tea essentials for your kitchen.
- 13 movies set in Paris you can stream now.
- 18 New York Times writers share bright spots.
- I loved this roundup of favorite Etsy shops from Helena of Brooklyn Blonde.
- This virtual performance by France’s National Orchestra gave me chills.
- Signature cocktails from around the world to try at home.
- I loved seeing the reveal of the inside my friend Blair’s colorful home that she’s been working on for the past couple of years!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- My beloved Lou & Grey sweats are finally restocked in all sizes and colors! I wear them in a Small. Have two colors and they are truly the best.
- I love my Naadam cashmere hoodie + sweats and am now eyeing their cozy new arrivals.
- How pretty is Monica Vinader’s jewelry? I spent a while browsing her site of beautiful, delicate pieces.
- I’m currently craving impactful, beautiful small updates to my home. I love these marble coasters, this serving set, this pretty leather tray, this chic diffuser and this marble tray.
- The team at Grayson who makes quality button downs (as seen here on me) has offered a discount to w&w readers! You can use code WITWHIMSY25 at checkout to access the discount!
- I keep hearing about the sweatsuits from this new brand Entireworld. I put myself on the waitlist for the white hoodie & sweats!
- I love Madewell’s new Do Well Shop full of pieces made in a way that helps the planet. Favorite pieces I spotted include this blouse, this tank, this denim jacket, this beautiful dress, this flattering top, this dress, this cute top and this utility jacket that’s very similar to the one I own. Most of the pieces are also 40% off!
- I got some new things in this week and did a try on session on Instagram. You can find the looks + links for each piece here. My favorite piece was this darling sweatshirt that I couldn’t love more. And the Levi’s jeans that I have and love so much in a raw hem now come in a closed hem version that I obviously had to get. I truly love these jeans.
- Speaking of jeans, Everlane just released their cult favorite High Waist Authentic Stretch jeans in white just in time for Spring. You can see them on me in the try-on link shared above.
- How cozy and cute is this waffle hoodie + shorts set? This brand has so many cute things actually!
- And these affordable joggers because there’s no such thing as too many pair these days. And these are a different shape take on the style.
- My very favorite pajamas are on sale in select sizes and colors. I’ve had these for over 5 years and still get excited to wear them. (Seriously.)
- Anthropologie just launched 30% off clothes for the weekend. A few favorites I spotted include these joggers, this tee, this top that’s right up my alley, and this one too, this staple t-shirt, this puff sleeve sweater, this top, this hoodie and these pants that are perfect for warmer WFH days.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- 18 podcast episodes I recommend.
- All my favorite items in my home.
- My picks from the Sephora sale.
- Some favorite spots to take photos in Paris.
- 5 clean makeup favorites.
- The small businesses I love supporting.
- On missing New York City right now.