Light Brite

Zara blouse & pants, 80%20 shoes, Rebecca Minkoff clutch, La Mer Collections watch (most recently seen here), H&M bracelet, Alex & Ani necklace, David Yurman ring, Ray Ban sunnies

I’ve been eager to pair bright, bold separates together ever since color blocking started exploding on the scene (and I was inspired by this post) and figured time spent in sunny, Southern California was the perfect opportunity to go forth and go bold. (P.S.- if you follow me on Twitter you already know this – then wearing this outfit to fly Southwest Airlines north to San Francisco was not a good decision, given the brand’s color scheme… blast!)

I swung by Newport Beach to gaze at the Pacific and soak in the sun before heading North and experienced some of the most peaceful moments I’ve had of recent. These 80%20 shoes weren’t exactly made for strolling the beach, but I absolutely adore them and let me just say, they are the most comfortable wedges I’ve ever owned. Their whole spring 2011 collection is a-mazing, you must check it out. (Yep, I’m on a wedge kick).

Connect with W&W

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

, ,

8 Responses to Light Brite

1. Alison April 15, 2011 at 10:39 am #

LOVE this outfit! I’m a huge fan of orange and blue and especially the stacked bracelets.
    Alison recently posted..abconner- Coworkers struggling to put a credit watch on her account since her house was burglarized Want to scream just LISTENING to the phone call

2. fshnonmymind April 15, 2011 at 10:49 am #

I’ve been seeing lots of blogger getting such vibrant pieces from Zara lately. I might have to make a special trip there next week.

I love this outfit because orange paired with blue is one of my favorite color combos. Love the 80%20 wedges too!!
    fshnonmymind recently posted..OOTD- Working Double Duty

3. Amy April 15, 2011 at 10:51 am #

Really love this mix (even if Southwest didn’t! ;)! You’ve inspired me to try some 80%20 wedges… especially after seeing you stroll the beach in them!

4. Daniel Saynt April 15, 2011 at 11:06 am #

Such a great way to style with Rebecca Minkoff. Love this.

5. Alicia April 15, 2011 at 11:17 am #

LOOVEEEE these colors together! One of my favorite looks of yours :)

6. Angel @ | 77inspire | April 17, 2011 at 8:47 am #

the blue and orange’s really working for you. Oh how i miss newport beach. Can’t wait to be back in the states in summer. enjoying your blog. thanks for sharing
    Angel @ | 77inspire | recently posted.. LOVE TRIANGLE

7. Kristel April 19, 2011 at 9:55 am #

Great outfit and awesome pics! I actually just went to Santa Monica Pier the other day to take some pics too :)
    Kristel recently posted..America According to a Californian

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Technicolor Dream « - June 24, 2011

[…] dress with the coral necklace to Thomasin’s bachelorette (and saw a similar look on cutie pie Meghan of Wit & Whimsy) I’ve had this combo on my mind…and that light-as-air, orange-striped silk tank is […]