Nothing like a weekend to throw on some vintage Levi’s cuffs and stripes with a cargo jacket. I’ve had this jacket since my San Francisco days and it doesn’t get old. I’ve had a non-stop, insane weekend so I’m counting down to the weekend and having some down time at the Shore! xo
I am so glad it’s Wednesday because it means I can almost taste the weekend which I’ll be spending at the beach- yay! Enjoy this week’s roundup!
I think anyone knows that you don’t go to Paris if you’re on a diet. Food is a religion in France and has worthwhile indulgences everywhere you turn. While you’ll be hard-pressed to find anything bad to eat in Paris, today I’m sharing my favorite spots from my recent trip.
- Brasserie Thomieux: A classic French brasserie – order the steak and champagne and then take in the sparkling Eiffel Tower as you walk home.
- Le Refuge des Fondus: An utter tourist attraction but it doesn’t matter. For 21 euros you’ll enjoy a full baby bottle of wine, cheese or meat fondue and some snacks and an aperitif to begin. Tucked in Montmartre, this is a favorite spot of mine for the atmosphere alone.
- Berthillion: Deux coups de glace, si vous plait! While Berthillion is served at cafes throughout Paris, it’s worth heading to the idyllic Ile Saint Louis to the original location. I always have chocolat et framboise.
- Trieze 13: Indulge in the most amazing, albeit a bit Americanized brunch, in this darling spot tucked away down an alley in Saint Germaine. The parfait and biscuits were utterly to die for and the laid back atmosphere had us chatting with the chef and enjoying fresh pressed juices.
- Rose Bakery: I had read this was a favorite of Isabel Marant’s and it’s so darn charming. Very sleek and simple in design, we had some of the most amazing risotto for lunch with a glass of rose on a beautiful street in the 9eme arrondissement.
- Saturne: Another favorite of Isabel’s I had read about was an utter splurge but so worth it. Mackerel with lime granita, shaved baby cucumbers and raspberries? Yes, please. Each of the 6 courses were utterly delicious and we went with the wine pairings which were surprising and thoughtful and very much worth adding. Be sure to make reservations in advance.
- Le Hibou: This contemporary brasserie was around the corner from our Saint Germaine flat. It’s modern and has a delightful full menu and is lit up at night with hundreds of beautiful lights with plenty of outdoor seating.
- Poilane: The best pain au chocolat you will ever have. Period. (This is also a favorite of Ina Garten’s alongside Barthelemy).
- La Cuisine: We took a wonderful 2 hour wine and cheese pairing course on a Saturday afternoon and it was a highlight of our trip. You’ll venture to Ile Saint Louis to pick out cheese and wine and then head back to the school where you learn all about how to pair the various cheese and wine selections. Highly recommend. (Let’s also talk about how cute the heart shaped cheese is?! Not to mention delicious…)
- Cafe des 2 Moulins: Enjoy a glass of wine in the cafe in which Amelie was shot in the Montmartre neighborhood.
- La Maison Rose: Also in Montmartre, this lovely pink cafe aptly named La Maison Rose has a delicious Sancerre and is on a winding, cobblestone street just steps away from flats where artists like Picasso used to reside.
- Rue Cler: Interested in doing a picnic at La Tour Eiffel? First head to Rue Cler and visit the various shops to pick up your baguette, cheese, fruit and wine.
- Fauchon: While prices are high, I love wandering in Fauchon. I picked up a small jar of fig jam that I’ll enjoy later with some foie gras and a glass of wine. Visit La Maison du Truffes nearby and taste the truffle butter (!!!)
And in case you missed it, here’s Part I.
[All photography by moi]
- outfit // stripes + cutoffs July 24, 2014
- Wednesday Wish List July 23, 2014
- travel diary // paris part II July 22, 2014
- look up July 22, 2014
- outfit // scalloped July 21, 2014
- Merritt: love the black bag and pair of distressed black sk...
- Shannon: That heart-shaped Brie is the cutest! This makes m...
- Muriel: Zero in on the job will be to find the best choice...
- Lindsay Wells: Love the details on the cami! The pairing of the s...
- Grace - Stripes & Sequins: eeks! that blazer. so perfect....