It’s the most wonderful time of year! To know me is to know that I absolutely love the holiday season. But this year I have a shortened holiday season in New York due to my Australia trip. Regardless, you better believe I plan to pack in as much festive fun in the city as humanly possible in the 17 days I’ll be in the city before I head home for the holidays. Sharing today everything I hope to see, do and indulge in this holiday season!
2019 Holiday Bucket List:
- Go ice skating at Rockefeller Center. I’ve actually never done this!
- Visit the French Christmas Markets coming to NYC! I went to the Strasbourg one while studying abroad and I cannot wait to see how they bring these to Manhattan.
- Go see the New York Botanical Garden Holiday Train Show. I’ve never made the trek but this year’s train show is inspired by Central Park so I must go!
- Visit the cozy Eataly rooftop bar. It is transformed into a winter greenhouse this time of year.
- Have a festive drink at Miracle on Ninth Street or Sleyenda. (More festive bars here.)
- Have a celebratory drink at Bemelmans Bar.
- Do a tour of Christmas trees. The Rockefeller Center and Palace Hotel ones are the real showstoppers but there are other great ones, too!
- Get dressed up! A lot! This season I am embracing as many opportunities to get dressed up in sequins and velvet and plaid and bows. I’ll have a full holiday outfit guide coming at you very soon, too! But can we talk about how fun this sequin dress is? So extra but I haven’t worn sequins in forever and this dress reminded me just how much fun it is!
- Shop at the Union Square Holiday Market and have a mulled wine.
- Grand Central Holiday Market: I usually inadvertently swing through the holiday market at Union Square sometimes picking up an ornament or a sweet treat but I’ve never made it to the market at Grand Central to see their offerings. I plan to make it happen this year! I really love finding special gifts at markets like this and supporting small businesses when possible.
- Visit the Ralph’s Coffee cart at Rockefeller Center.
- Try a new cozy restaurant I’ve never been to.
- See the American Museum of Natural History’s annual Origami Holiday Tree. I’ve never seen it!
- See The Nutcracker again! Tickets already purchased – cannot wait!
- Launch another successful Kindness Campaign (It’ll be live next week!) See last year’s here.
- Take time off. I hope to work a little less once I head home for the holidays. I always say I will and then I inevitably end up churning out content.
What’s on your bucket list this holiday season?!
Sequin Dress (via Rent the Runway Unlimited – Use code MDONO100 at sign up through 12/3 to get 50% off a 30-Day Trial aka $79 for your first month; love this similar dress) // Pumps (more affordable version here) // Ba&sh Paris Coat (c/o; sized down to XS) // Everlane Cashmere Beanie (last seen here)
p.s. loads of holiday inspiration and more holiday outfit ideas.
You look great in pink! I would do every single item on this list with you…love this time of year!
Thank you, C!!!
HOLY HOTTIE in that sequin dress!
I had no idea a French Christmas Market was coming to NYC, definitely adding to my list!
Let’s go together!!
Your list is holiday perfect! I will definitely be adding the French Christmas Market to my NY holiday bucket list!! I cannot believe that the holidays are basically here, and Christmas is SO close! It looks like you are having a great time in Australia, Meghan! Can’t wait to see everything from the trip 🙂 Happy almost thanksgiving!
Thank you so much, Libby! Can’t wait to hear what you think of the market!
Love that dress on you! I’m looking forward to the Kindness Campaign this year. Happy Thanksgiving!
Lauren! This comment made me the happiest – thank you for looking forward to it – means so much to me!
Meghan!! I JUST placed an order to rent that dress for my company’s holiday party!! What did you think of it?
p.s. I have LOVED following your Australian adventures on instagram!
Omg amazing! You will love it – seriously so fun to wear! Great minds 🙂
The cutest pictures of you!