It’s the most wonderful time of year! To know me is to know that I absolutely love the holiday season. But this year I have a shortened holiday season in New York due to my Australia trip. Regardless, you better believe I plan to pack in as much festive fun in the city as humanly possible in the 17 days I’ll be in the city before I head home for the holidays. Sharing today everything I hope to see, do and indulge in this holiday season!
2019 Holiday Bucket List:
- Go ice skating at Rockefeller Center. I’ve actually never done this!
- Visit the French Christmas Markets coming to NYC! I went to the Strasbourg one while studying abroad and I cannot wait to see how they bring these to Manhattan.
- Go see the New York Botanical Garden Holiday Train Show. I’ve never made the trek but this year’s train show is inspired by Central Park so I must go!
- Visit the cozy Eataly rooftop bar. It is transformed into a winter greenhouse this time of year.
- Have a festive drink at Miracle on Ninth Street or Sleyenda. (More festive bars here.)
- Have a celebratory drink at Bemelmans Bar.
- Do a tour of Christmas trees. The Rockefeller Center and Palace Hotel ones are the real showstoppers but there are other great ones, too!
- Get dressed up! A lot! This season I am embracing as many opportunities to get dressed up in sequins and velvet and plaid and bows. I’ll have a full holiday outfit guide coming at you very soon, too! But can we talk about how fun this sequin dress is? So extra but I haven’t worn sequins in forever and this dress reminded me just how much fun it is!
- Shop at the Union Square Holiday Market and have a mulled wine.
- Grand Central Holiday Market: I usually inadvertently swing through the holiday market at Union Square sometimes picking up an ornament or a sweet treat but I’ve never made it to the market at Grand Central to see their offerings. I plan to make it happen this year! I really love finding special gifts at markets like this and supporting small businesses when possible.
- Visit the Ralph’s Coffee cart at Rockefeller Center.
- Try a new cozy restaurant I’ve never been to.
- See the American Museum of Natural History’s annual Origami Holiday Tree. I’ve never seen it!
- See The Nutcracker again! Tickets already purchased – cannot wait!
- Launch another successful Kindness Campaign (It’ll be live next week!) See last year’s here.
- Take time off. I hope to work a little less once I head home for the holidays. I always say I will and then I inevitably end up churning out content.
What’s on your bucket list this holiday season?!
Sequin Dress (via Rent the Runway Unlimited – Use code MDONO100 at sign up through 12/3 to get 50% off a 30-Day Trial aka $79 for your first month; love this similar dress) // Pumps (more affordable version here) // Ba&sh Paris Coat (c/o; sized down to XS) // Everlane Cashmere Beanie (last seen here)