Today I am turning 32! So, in honor of it, I thought it might be fun to share 32 things you may not know about me!
And I have to say…if 32 is anything like 31, I cannot wait for the year ahead! My 30s have been such an amazing chapter of growth. I feel like I’m truly hitting my stride and I’m so grateful for this life of mine. My recent move into a place of my own in Brooklyn feels like a great start to this next year, too.
Thanks to each of you for contributing to my life by being a reader of wit & whimsy! Hope you enjoy today’s fun facts.
- I was the Photography Editor for my college yearbook.
- I have a weakness for pretty candles. Packing up my apartment the other week made me realize just how many I have amassed (whoops!) #cantstopwontstop.
- I met former President Bill Clinton in 5th grade. When he visited London, where my family was living at the time, I was asked to present him with a sweatshirt on behalf of our school, The American School in London.
- If I had to shop at one store for the rest of my life it would most likely be Club Monaco.
- I suffer from chronic headaches. They are a result of being rear-ended in a car when I was in high school.
- I know every episode of Friends by heart.
- My current favorite cocktail is an Aperol Spritz.
- I grew up outside of Chicago but have lived in London, Paris and San Francisco. I moved to New York in early 2011.
- Audrey Hepburn is my style idol.
- I love baking but rarely do it.
- I majored in Communications and minored in French.
- Growing up I wanted to be an actress or a model (Ha!)
- I stopped doing team sports in 5th grade. (Although I briefly did track in high school for a few months.)
- I am nearsighted.
- My favorite kind of wine is Sancerre.
- Law & Order SVU is my guilty pleasure.
- I played the flute in middle school.
- The places I most want to visit in the world currently are: Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Morocco.
- My first job was at a stationery store in high school.
- I prefer sparkling water to still.
- I was very involved in Campus Ministry while in college.
- I refuse to use shorthand such as “ur” or “r u” or anything like that. I loathe when I see this type of “language.”
- I actually love talking on the phone.
- I’ve never broken a bone. (*Knocks on wood.*)
- Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.
- I’ve never had a pet.
- I write everything down in my To Do List app on my iPhone. I check each item off as I do it (ahhh sweet satisfaction.)
- I’m allergic to walnuts, pecans & cashews.
- I love naps.
- I have no problem having experiences solo. Traveling, seeing shows…you name it!
- I have a mild fear of heights and definitely can suffer from claustrophobia.
- I am a huge planner. (I’m also almost always early to everything, if not exactly on time!)
Hope you had fun learning something new about me today and a huge thank you for stopping by!