I’m not afraid to admit that I’m a glorified bag lady. I’m almost always with an oversized tote (see here, here, here) and often times en route to work with a second bag carting my breakfast and, let’s be honest, a pair of heels. So, it was only a matter of time before I dedicated a post to sharing the seven purse essentials I never leave home without. Without further ado…
- Blotting Sheets: My skin has been on the oily side for several years now (see my skincare essentials here) and in the summer…don’t even get me started on how clutch the Boscia blotting sheets are. I buy them in bulk from Sephora so I always have a pack with me.
- Perfume: My days in New York are long – going from breakfast meetings to 9-10 hour works days to dinner and drinks. To stay fresh, I like to have perfume in my purse so I can re-apply on the go. This one from Chloe is my favorite!
- Lip color: I never have a shortage of lip color at the ready. Touch ups following my morning coffee, after lunch and before heading out for the evening are easy when I have several options on hand. I’ve recently been loving shades from the L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Extraordinaire Liquid Lipsticks.
- Sunglasses: Getting stuck out on a sunny day without shades does not make me happy. Before I head out the door I ensure I have a pair in my bag. I purchased these this summer and they’ve since been my go-tos.
- Dramamine: Here’s a fun fact: I get motion sickness during just about any form of transportation – planes, trains, automobiles and boats. To have a remedy on hand, I keep Dramamine in my purse at all If I didn’t, I’d be in big trouble (no, seriously…)
- Pressed Powder: After using my blotting sheets, I reset my makeup with a few swipes of pressed powder, particularly around the T-zone area. The Benefit Cosmetics Hello Flawless powder works well when looking to cover up blemishes in a pinch. (Just use your pinky finger to apply.)
- Cosmetic Case: I package all the above neatly into my recently purchased Cuyana travel set. The larger one I use for travel while the smaller one stays in my purse to house all my essentials in one place.
I may not keep it in my purse every day, but I’ll always throw wine in my bag for outdoor outings on the Hudson after work or an afternoon picnic on a Saturday in Central Park. So, I’m excited to announce that I will be giving away a $50 gift certificate to Uncorked.com! Purchase your favorite varietal of Seven Daughters and we can raise our glasses for a virtual toast! Enter below and be sure to follow Seven Daughters on Facebook and Pinterest.