Despite nearly eight years in New York there are still plenty of surrounding areas to the city that I’ve yet to explore. Case in point: The Catskills. The Catskill Mountains are in Southeastern New York state and a country oasis. Earlier this summer I headed up there for a few day getaway and it was sheer bliss.
It was really Scribner’s Lodge that inspired my trip. I started seeing the hotel on Instagram and had to set out to see it with my own yes and I was blown away. This cozy, beautiful and modern yet rustic lodge was the best home base for the few days in the Catskills. After just two nights there I was already plotting my return for when the foliage starts to change and the temperatures drop. I can’t recommend it enough for a quick getaway (just two hours north of the city). The property has free wifi, s’mores at 5pm with the cutest little fire, rooms with beautiful balconies and even pool parties on weekends. Plus how cute is this map with all the best spots to explore in the area? Their restaurant Prospect was also a highlight serving up delicious food and great cocktails.
Here’s what else we did while in the area…
- Had breakfast at the famed Phoenicia Diner and boy did it deliver. I’d go back upstate just for this meal! We split a skillet, pancakes and a breakfast burrito and all were delicious. This place was packed at 10AM on a Monday if you can believe it. It’s that good. I also love that it feels like you’ve stepped back in time when you enter this old school joint.
- Explored the nearby towns of Saugerties and Woodstock. Woodstock wasn’t that great but I loved the cute shops that Saugerties had to offer.
- Had burgers and ice cream at Mama’s Boy Burgers.
- Indulged on amazing Twin Peaksdonuts at .
There’s lots more to do in the area such as zip lining and hiking but we largely got rained out of those activities. The rain made a great excuse to read with a glass of wine and play lots of card games in the beautiful great room at Scribner’s however. And now I have a reason to go back when the weather is a bit more cooperative!
What I Packed:
- This easy Tuckernuck top that goes with so much.
- These jeans that are my favorite non-distressed pair.
- This jacket that you guys saw me also wear here.
- My new favorite denim jacket.
- The Zara sandals I can’t stop wearing this summer.
- This tank that I always take on trips either in white or black (I own both because I love them so much). It pairs well under sweaters, jackets and is also beautiful on its own.
- This pair of jeans that I absolutely love and just found on major sale. Whenever I show these on Instagram I get so many questions! They fit TTS as I’m wearing a 28.
- My trusty Birkenstock sandals. They were made for summer in Upstate!
- My Cuyana leather tote. This is the best for everyday wear and travel!
I will no doubt be making another trip up to Scribner’s and if you’re in the area I can’t recommend it enough.