One of the most rewarding pieces of feedback I got from this year’s reader survey was to share more everyday, casual outfits. A reader weighed in that often my outfits can seem too dressed up and that she’d like to see more of what I’d wear every day. Roger that!
ALC Karlie Tee and Paige Jeans
Today’s post is a perfect example of what I’d wear to leave the house for a normal day. Albeit, during summer, I live in midi dresses to handle the heat. (A few prime examples being here, here, here & here.) I am such a jeans girl and when I don’t take time to plan an outfit I generally find myself slipping into denim, a favorite tee or blouse and adding a comfortable yet statement-making pair of shoes.
At this point in my life I do quite a bit of investment shopping for pieces I’ll re-wear a lot. I don’t buy a lot of fast fashion and I don’t sport every trend. I like basic pieces that can be styled multiple ways. Case in point these shoes. I last wore them with a feminine dress but they go just as well with jeans and a tee. (I thought about these shoes for two years before I splurged on them for my birthday this June, too.) And I think critically about the pieces I buy and if something comes at a higher price you know I’ll be wearing it a lot to justify the cost. I also tend to spend more on bags + shoes because hey, they always fit!
Anyhow, I wanted to acknowledge that I hear you on more relatable, casual outfits and showing how things can be worn more than one way. As a result of this feedback I have some posts coming up such as a guide to my favorite types (and most worn) styles of jeans, a Fall capsule collection of great basics and more. I want my outfits to always be adding value or inspiring you and your wardrobe (with the occasional more dressed up / on trend outfit mixed in here and there.)
A few other great basics I’ve spotted recently:
- I love the silhouette of this classic Madewell sweater.
- This silk tee now comes in several colors and it is one of the most worn pieces in my wardrobe in Spring & Fall. (I have it in white.) It looks SO good dressed up or dressed down.
- Every girl should have a t-shirt dress. This one has a great fit. Dress it up with heeled lace up sandals and a statement earring or dress it down with sneakers + a denim jacket.
- A silk button down that fits well is essential and Everlane just re-launched theirs. I got it in white.
- Everlane’s cashmere crew sweater is also great. It’s $100 so substantially less than a lot of cashmere out there and you can layer it, tuck it…wear it all the time.
- Club Monaco makes the best trench coats and their newest style is super chic and timeless.
- Because I have a big chest I always have a hard time finding t-shirts that fit me well (which is also why I am willing to spend more on tees like the one I’m wearing in these photos) but my favorite inexpensive ones are by Madewell here.
- I really love this sweatshirt/sweater from Banana Republic that I wore in this post.
- Same with the J.Crew sweater blazer in this post.
- This is a great basic sweater. (Also comes in white here).
- These are great slingbacks. Perfect for work or when you want to be more comfortable while out!
Tee (Similar styles here, here for less) // Paige Jeans // Celine Bag // Chanel Heels ( last seen here; similar more budget friendly options here, here) // Cluse Watch // Miansai Cuff // Giles & Brother Cuff