Yesterday on our way home from the gym, we walked by our corner store and couldn’t help but notice the incredible summer fruit on display. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries,watermelon – the list goes on and on. We decided to take home a few different types of berries to make our favorite simple summer dessert courtesy of the Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten. This recipe is super simple and requires minimal ingredients/prep time. We suggest it for a night in or if you are hosting a fab summer dinner party.
* sidenote – we also love balsamic vinegar, which this recipe calls for. It seems like a strange ingredient to pair with berries and sugar, but trust us – this sweet treat is to die for.
Very Berry Fruit Salad
- 1 Pint strawberry hulled and cut in half
- 1 Pint blueberry
- 1 Pint raspberry
- 1 tablespoon good Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Sugar
- fersh Mint for garnish
- Place 6 glasses in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, combine the berries, vinegar and sugar. Stir gently. Cover securely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Spoon the berries into the chilled glasses. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint
*recipe and photo courtesy of Ina Garten
sounds delicious! must try with all those berries in my fridge…