As the second installment of WIT & Whimsy’s ‘Best of Spring 2011’ (see the first here), we bring you the makeup edition! There are so many great new products out there right now so we tested A LOT and pulled out the best of the best in everything from eyes to cheeks to lips. Voila, the best of spring cosmetics!
- Christian Dior 5 Couleur Iridescent Eyeshadows in Earth Reflection, $58 Christian Dior’s five shadows in Earth Reflection are a gorgeous palette of iridescent colors in neutral tones that are easily bendable and perfectly pearlescent. (P.S. – get FREE shipping with the code GLAM2)
- Stila Eye Shadow Trio in Ethereal, $20 More Stila, but with good reason. This three eye shadow compact is an easy, all-in-one look with a base, lid and liner color all included and features just the right amount of radiance to take your look from day to night.
- Bare Minerals Pretty Amazing lipcolor in Ambition, $16 Welp, Bare Minerals wasn’t kidding when they named their latest lipcolor. It is, in fact, pretty amazing. It goes on like a gloss, but has the staying power of a lipstick and this ‘Ambition’ color may just be that perfect pink for spring.
- Burberry ‘Lip Cover’ Soft Satin Lipstick in No. 23 English Rose, $30 I was a Burberry Beauty virgin until trying out their soft stain lipsticks and found that this shade of ‘English Rose’ is the ideal balance of a neutral shade for every day. When it needs a pick-me-up for post-work cocktails, I pair it with this killer gloss.
- NARS Velvet Lip Gloss Pencil in Happy Days, $24 NARS’ Velvet lip gloss pencils are awwwwwwesome. Silky and smooth (like, velvet, weird…) and in the perfect pop of punchy colors (Happy Days is my favorite for it’s coral and gold-infused tones) these are great items to throw in your purse and go. It’s no wonder Amy Adams and Olivia Wilde are big fans.
- Stila Glitter Eye Liner in Kitten, $16 This sparkly & sassy liquid liner was inspired by Stila’s best-selling, award-winning Kitten eye shadow (a beauty staple in it of itself – beauty BFF Jenn and I agree) and in Vegas the other weekend we couldn’t get enough. The liner brings out your eyes in ways you’ve only dreamed and is perfect for nighttime use.
- Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush in Light Rose, $43 I love me some blush. (I own an embarrassing amount, you can ask any of my girlfriends), but of recent I have been reaching for this Armani blush for its sheer, but impactful application that gives you a look of just-flushed without looking overdone. As always, I use this trick when applying.
- Borghese B Moisture lipcolour in Carnavele Red, $24 This super hydrating lipcolor in Carnavale Red is the pop of color any look needs. It’s satin finish requires no gloss to top the lips off and I’d recommend wearing it with an ensemble of mixed and matched neutrals to have it stand out as your statement accessory for the day. Yep, it’s that awesome.
Last day to enter the SHOPBOP GIVEAWAY for $100!!!
*Samples provided for editorial review
Subscribe to WIT & Whimsy’s RSS feed!