Summer is in full swing it feels like in New York and I’m reveling in the many weeks ahead to fill with fun plans with friends, opportunities to tick things off my summer bucket list and explore new spots! I wanted to share some of my summer favorites with you guys but decided it would be fun to crowdsource as well! So, behold a list of things developed with friends of mine to help you plan your best summer ever in NYC or ignite ideas for your trip should you be visiting New York this season!
- Popsicles in champagne at Loopy Doopy.
- Early morning runs or walks around the Central Park Reservoir.
- A drink on the rooftop of The Met.
- Fish tacos at Mermaid Inn (their happy hour is also great!)
- A picnic and movie in Bryant Park
- Chikalicious for churro ice cream cones.
- Picnics on Governor’s Island. There are grills you can reserve online. Take the ferry over!
- Gowanus Yacht Club. Only open May through October and the entire bar is outdoors. Enjoy a hotdog or burger, too.
- City Vineyard for wine on the Hudson River. (Food here is not advisable).
- Running or biking the Westside Highway down to Battery Park.
- Rose wine and cheese outside at Le District.
- Grand Banks for cocktails on a docked boat.
- Gallow Green for drinks with a view.
- Enjoy a drink on the patio of The Boathouse.
- Take in some old fashioned ice cream at The Brooklyn Farmacy.
- Walk along The Highline.
- Frozen watermelon margaritas at Gilligan’s in the Soho Grand Hotel.
- Take in Summer Streets.
- Spuyten Duyvil for a great backyard and some chilled Lambrusco.
- Explore the offerings of the South Street Seaport.
- Eat lobster while taking in a cruise on the Hudson at North River Lobster Co.
- Enjoy food and drink at Pier A Harbor House.
- Take in an outdoor movie at Rooftop Cinema Club.
- Host a pot luck picnic in Central Park’s Sheep’s Meadow. (Bring along eye-catching balloons so your friends can all find one another!)
- Mexican food in Gran Electrica’s amazing backyard patio.
- Brunch or dinner reservations at Cecconi’s for beautiful views on the patio.
- 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge’s rooftop for sweeping downtown views that’ll impress anyone.
- Drinks at Pilot (Grand Banks’ Brooklyn counterpart.)
- Walks in the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens.
- Brooklyn Crab.
- Walk along the Brooklyn Heights Promenade.
- Grab a good book and enjoy it under the sun at one of many parks including Prospect Park, North Brooklyn Farms, Central Park or Bryant Park.
- Pig Beach for great BBQ in a laid back atmosphere full of outdoor picnic tables
- Ice cream at one of Ample Hills‘ numerous locations
- Catch the breeze (and views!) with a free ride on the Staten Island Ferry
- The Vendy Awards for great food at the tail end of summer
This list makes me so excited for this season! Fellow New Yorkers, anything we missed!?
Many thanks to my friends Annie, Bekka, Hitha, Hailey, Jenna, Rachel, Grace, Kate and Carly who contributed!
So many great ideas and can’t wait to explore some of them!
I tried Pilot Friday and it was great! There are several others I’ve never done on this list and I’m so excited about it!