No matter if you work in a big, corporate office or a smaller, creative environment dressing for work can turn into such a drag after a while. While I’ve been working for myself from my apartment for almost a year now, I did spend 10 years in an office environment and know how difficult it can be to stay inspired. Nowadays, I have meetings and events throughout the week with clients and brands so I look for items that could work well for both my work life and my social life.
In this month’s budget buys post, I’ve rounded up a good bunch of basics and trendy pieces that can mix and match for a professional wardrobe that will hopefully put as much pep in that step as your morning iced coffee. And, as always, everything included is under $150!
A few highlights:
- Love the marigold color of this tie front skirt. It’s such a happy color!
- The tassels on this shift dress are so fun while still being appropriate for corporate life.
- Pretty much everything from one of my favorite brands including a few favorites like this dress, this silk shirt and these shoes (which you may have seen recently on my Instagram!)
- A trendy take on a classic blue button down.
- As someone who is not really into cardigans, the ruffle on this one is darling!
- Such a fun twist on the everyday pencil skirt.
- The block heel on these sandals make them perfect for all day wear.
- Fun, statement earrings that aren’t too much for day time wear.
- These pumps come in 20+ colors and patterns and a great height for the office.
- This midi skirt is so so cute.
- I’m not one for too many florals but this dress is adorable!
- Obsessed with this shoulder bag.
- How fun are these metallic oxfords?#fancyfeet
And when in doubt, stock up on classics that come in just about every color under the sun like these pants and this blazer (oh and this shift dress and this top, too!).
The mustard color skirt is totally my favorite!