Well you guys, I think this outfit cements me as an East Coaster. Cable knits + a Barbour jacket have me feeling very New England and I love it. Isn’t it interesting how our surroundings can influence our style? I dressed so preppy in high school and the beginning of college (we’re talking multiple colors of polo shirts, people) but by senior year of college I finally really started to get to know designers and curate my newfound aesthetic.
Nowadays, I’m very drawn to feminine pieces but all around I like to be comfortable yet put together. I love jeans paired with heels, dresses with surprising details like lace or a subtle cutout and am always drawn to cozy, quality separates like cashmere sweaters and midi skirts you can dress up or down.
In honor of this outfit, I thought I’d answer a recent reader question about how I’d spend “a perfect day in New York City.” Such a fun question and now I’m determined to make this day happen in the near future! (*This itinerary makes no geographical sense – it’s just more of all my favorite things :)!)
- I’d start my morning by grabbing a coffee with steamed milk from a neighborhood favorite like Bluestone Lane or MUD.
- Then I’d hop on the 6 train and take it to the Brooklyn Bridge to walk it in the early hours before it gets too crowded. I did this recently for this shoot and it was pretty magical. I always love the moments in this bustling city before the whole population awakes.
- I’d swing by Jack’s Wife Freda in the West Village for their Mediterranean platter for breakfast or Bubby’s for their incredible pancakes.
- Then I’d head uptown to The Met. I’d visit my favorite spots within the museum including The Temple of Dendur, the Impressionists and if it’s nice out, the roof.
- Following The Met I’d walk into Central Park to enjoy a glass of rose at The Boathouse and then over to the Bethesda Fountain and the Bow Bridge.
- For lunch I’d hit up By Chloe for their guac burger and fries (half original fries / half sweet potato fries is where it’s at!)
- To walk off lunch, I’d head to The Highline but no doubt stop for an afternoon treat. Cookie DO or Momofuku Milk Bar or Sprinkles Ice Cream would be my top picks. I’d enjoy it in a favorite park such as Washington Square Park.
- I’d wind up the day with a little shopping on Lower Fifth Avenue followed by dinner at Abc Kitchen which is my all time favorite restaurant in the city. I have dreams about their menu!
- The day would come to a close at the ultra-cozy and oh-so-New York Bemelmans Bar at The Carlyle.
If you’re curious, more of my local favorites can be found in my guide to New York. (And feel free to pin the last image of this post to file away these recommendations for your next visit or free day if you’re a local!)
And a quick PSA that I am taking over the Garnier Snapchat today! I’ve used the brand since high school so I’m excited to share my day and some of my favorite products of theirs with you guys. Hope you’ll follow along!
Shop the Post:
More Cute Pieces from Tuckernuck:
- This darling reversible cape that’s only $72!
- This dress that couldn’t be more perfect for the holidays! (Also comes in black and navy!)
- This bag that comes in the most gorgeous color for this time of year (or all year really).