How was the rest of your weekend you guys? Mine felt so long and luxurious! I 100% got into the spirit with ice skating in Central Park, spiked drinks at The Boathouse, the Radio City Christmas Spectacular and a visit to The Standard’s Winter Garden!
A friend recently said to me “I think you like the holidays more than the average person” and while that may be true, I was reminded in church yesterday why I think that is so.
So often during the year we get wrapped up with being “busy” and being stressed. This time of year I always try hard to let the insignificant stressors be met with deep breaths and a focus on what’s really important: togetherness, remembering the reason for the season and being mindful of all the gifts we have in life.
I know so many people who when speaking about the holidays in New York comment first and foremost about the crowds but I don’t let that get to me. Sure everything is crowded but shouldn’t everyone who wants to participate in appreciating the magic of the season be able to do so? I turn on Christmas music and allow myself to tune out the crowds and revel in the lights, decorations and people enjoying time with loved ones.
In two weeks I have my BFF and her husband and another best friend in town for the weekend and can’t wait to take them around doing some of my favorite holiday traditions. I’ll never tire of those annual activities and this past weekend was a kickoff for me of two weeks of soaking it up! I feel like I have the best of both worlds spending the first half of December in New York and then heading out to Colorado to continue my other favorite traditions with my family.
What are your guys’ favorite Christmas traditions!? I’d love to hear what you look forward to at this time of year! I always love knowing what other people do annually.
In other news, as it is Cyber Monday, if you’re not yet already shopped out from the weekend, I rounded up some noteworthy items currently marked down below. Happy retail therapy!
- I love this plaid wrap. Such a good price and so festive!
- This isn’t technically marked down but the value makes La Mer practically on sale!
- My snow boots are marked down and I can’t recommend them enough! Keep your tootsies warm and stylish this winter.
- A travel-friendly pair of rain boots at a great price.
- This makes an amazing gift.
- On my personal wish list was this sweatshirt – perfect for going to/from workout classes.
- These trays are perfect if you’re working with a small home space.
- Add this book to your 2017 recipe rotation.
- My Nespresso is one of my favorite things I own. A rare occasion indeed, several models are on sale today.
- An investment no doubt, if you’re like me you’ll wear this sweater nearly every week for 6 months out of the year. It never gets marked down so nab it on sale while you can.
- The color of these shoes are great for the holidays and now are 40% off.
- My favorite leggings to suck everything in and workout in (or run around town in.)
- This coat is so darling and you can pair it with wear-year-round chambray. Both 40% off.
- How fun is this clutch? Would also make a great gift for your BFF.
- I love this seasonal take on a classic hat style.
- My favorite travel pouches (seen here) are 25% off with code GETGIFTING. These are also great to gift to people who love to jetset!
- Speaking of travel, Amazon has Tumi luggage on sale!!!
Shop the Post:
Sweater (on sale with code GOBIG16) // Skirt // Tights // Wedge Booties (on sale!) // Scarf // Hat // Coat (40% off today) // Bag (the red is finally back in stock!)
p.s. a recent favorite cozy fall look and 20 cozy knits (many on sale!)