A great sweater. Ballet flats you love and can always rely on. Jeans that feel great all day long. A bag that gives you confidence. A girl should have all of these in their arsenal, am I right!?
Over the years (and as I’ve gotten older and begun to make more investment purchases) I’ve worked to elevate some of those basics I’ve always looked to have in my wardrobe.
Since I am a creature of habit, I have found success in buying things that may be more of an investment but then wear really well. I bought these Chanel flats in Paris in 2016 and have worn them so much and I love that they instantly elevate any outfit. They’re comfortable and I love that they remind me of one of my favorite things on earth: walking around Paris.
The pieces in this outfit I wear on repeat (the hat maybe a bit less so) and find myself reaching for them often. In the end, while I am a person that loves to get dressed, I still have those days where it feels more like work than fun. It’s on those days that I reach for my elevated basics to really help me feel put together when I head out the door but still want to be pretty casual.
A few investment pieces I’d recommend:
- A structured tote that would take you from desk to weekend fun. (And would be great for travel, too!) This is a great style, too (PSA: Meghan Markle has this bag and carries it all the time!)
- Flats with a fun detail that level up any look of basics. This is my personal favorite of black flats that I own. These are classic, too. If you’re into loafers, this is my favorite pair that I own.
- Boots you can rely on to be as comfortable as they are stylish. (You can tell I’m a fan: here, here & here.)
- Super stylish sunglasses that elevate your look no mater when you’re wearing. These are my favorite because they are classic and have proven to be rather indestructible. Also a fan of this brand.
- Jeans that’ll make you feel like a million bucks whenever you put them on. My favorite denim was addressed in this post!
- A little black dress that you can dress up or down and always rely on.
- A silk button down ideal for layering but also so great to throw on, tuck into a pair of jeans and add a belt and your favorite go-to pair of flats.
- A timeless blazer. (Styled here.)
- Cozy cashmere with a great fit.
Do you guys have these go-to investment pieces in your wardrobe that you always rely on?