Every year around this time I make it a priority to head to Central Park to shoot and capture the beautiful colors as the trees start to change in early November. The scene never ceases to amaze me and it is particularly striking early in the morning when the park is quiet.
I have a friend visiting this weekend from California and she’s keen to see the colors, too so I can’t wait to go back up this weekend. I know so many of you visit New York as well so I thought I’d share some of my favorite spots in Central Park as a part of this post with the gorgeous Fall colors in the backdrop. Central Park is huge and it can be easy to miss things but I can’t recommend enough the Bethesda Fountain (where these photos were taken), the Bow Bridge, The Boathouse (have a cocktail at the bar – I love doing this with visitors), The Met (of course), the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir, Belvedere Castle and the Shakespeare Garden, the South Pond and Gapstow Bridge, The Mall and the Bethesda Terrace are all not to be missed.
Also, after being inspired by this post I shared in last week’s roundup, I thought I’d share some things making me happy right now.
Here’s what’s making me happy these days…
- Planning for the holidays. I love this time of year as my calendar starts to get booked up with fun things around the holidays. I mentioned a few of my plans in this post but I also just bought tickets to see the Nutcracker ballet at Lincoln Center for the first time, too. I’ve also started buying some holiday decorations and I’m having so much fun shooting + drafting content to share here, too!
- The weather! I love the crisp Fall days in the 50s and 60s. I live for these days surrounded by Fall foliage, sun and blue skies and soft breezes in the air.
- A new TV and downloading my favorite movies. I’m embarrassed to admit that I only recently learned I could purchase and stream my favorite movies whenever I wanted to via Amazon Prime and now that I know that I’ve been buying my favorite classic movies and my favorite holiday movies so I can easily watch them whenever I want. I also recently got a new Smart TV and holy game changer! I feel like I’ve been living under a rock not realizing the amazing technology TVs now have. It’s going to make cold winter nights a lot more bearable, I’ll tell ya!
- Everyone’s comments on this post. It’s been so rewarding to hear how many people cherish and treasure time with their loved ones around the holidays as well as special holiday traditions that you guys always look forward to. Thank you for sharing! (The winner has been notified and announced on Instagram!)
- Knowing The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 2 comes out in a few short weeks! I cannot wait to see it especially as they filmed on my street for one episode – will be fun to see!
- Growing out my hair color. I have mentioned I’m doing this before but I have to tell you it’s been such a relief to stop worrying about my roots and stop making getting in the salon chair a priority every three months. I cannot wait to get back to totally virgin hair.
- Watching Ellen. Sometimes when I’m having a bad day I go on and watch videos on Ellen’s YouTube that uplift and inspire and recently I started recording her show to watch when there’s nothing else on. I love when she spotlights people doing good in their communities and when she helps people in need. It’s always such a nice little boost amid so many sad news stories we say day to day.
- The Relax & Unwind playlist on Spotify. It is so perfect for cozy Fall days wandering the city or getting work done.
When things get busy and stressful around this time of year, I think it’s important to stop and appreciate some of the things making you smile. I’d also love to hear…what’s making you happy these days!?
Blazer (only $64! Wearing a US 8. Also love this one & this one. Also my blazer from this post is now only $50 – wearing a S) // Madewell Bodysuit (wearing a L) // Mother Denim // Boots // Bag // Similar Necklace