As some of you know, we jetted off to Vegas for our annual girls trip the other weekend and, of course, it didn’t fail to top years prior. Thanks to The Palazzo Resort & Casino we got to do it up royal and we loved every minute.
The Palazzo has a best friend in The Venetian and being relatively new on the strip, they are still getting up to speed in some respects (for example some of our chips on the casino floor were branded with Venetian, others with Palazzo. Although they are connected, after all), but overall we loved the hotel would highly recommend it.
Reasons we loved The Palazzo:
1. The rooms are A-mazing. The biggest we have ever experienced in Las Vegas (720 square feet!), the rooms are gorgeous. The Bella Suite boasts a seating area with couches (perfect for that first cocktail), a large coffee table and an ottoman, elegantly draped beds, dark wood and soft colors, touch controlled Roman shades, great views of the pool and the strip and one of our very favorite features? The enormous bathroom which is European in style. It featured a large shower, beautiful Roman tub, a double sink vanity, large mirrors, oversized towels and a separate water closet. LOVED it.
2. The Palazzo pool was great. With a spacious cabana situated on one of the smaller, more private pools on the property we had our very best pool day ever. With perfect sunshine, lounge chairs and plenty of beverages we were in heaven. While cabana service was a tad slow at times we enjoyed cold beers iced in the cabana and delicious food from the Solaro Poolside restaurant. (Get the club sandwich- the fries that come with are so, so good.)
If you have a decent sized group, we would absolutely recommend getting a cabana for your pool time while in Vegas as it is definitely affordable. It offers that sometimes necessary shade and, as we found, is a great way to get the party started with iPod speakers available to rent for $35 for the day, you have all the makings for a great Vegas pool day. And no matter what pool you find yourself at in the coming months, we’ve got tons of swimwear suggestions for you!
Enjoying the cabana:
3. LAVO: The Palazzo’s nightclub Lavo is a highlight on the strip in terms of nightlife as it has been frequented by celebrities of recent and was packed to the gills when we arrived. Settling into a table and soaking up the scene we found ourselves dancing to one of the best DJs as he spun some of our favorites mixed with good old school tunes. The service by staff was great, cocktails were well-mixed and the dark and moody setting is a great place to start your evening.
Some of the girls at Lavo:
4. The overall elegance and sophistication of The Palazzo was clear in all elements of the hotel from the shops, hallways, rooms, restaurants and the impressive lobby. We loved the setting even more than the Mirage where we set up shop the year before.
5. Dos Caminos: This popular restaurant was perfect for our first meal and they could not have been more gracious and accommodating.
We highly recommend their made-to-order guacamole, the lobster ceviche (which we normally don’t even go for!), empanadas (our favorite appetizer of all) and even just their trio of salsas were so yummy we had to make ourselves stop eating them to save room for their well-known tacos. Our picks? The carnitas or pollo are both great and if you’re looking for something with a bit of a kick, we recommend the carne asada.
And to top off a memorable meal, Dos Caminos was kind enough to send out these decadent and delicious little concoctions. Yes, they were as good as they look. Actually, probably even better. We’d like another right now in fact.
If you are heading down to Sin City with your girlfriends, we highly recommend The Palazzo. Good times all around (but of course, it is Vegas after all!)