Sharing another festive look today!
With the holiday season in full swing and December now upon us, it’s also a season of soirées! I always love an occasion to dress up and during this time of year I start to add in fun elements like feathers, sequins and feminine elements like lace or bows.
Between holiday occasions like The Radio City Christmas Spectacular, special dinners out with friends visiting, Christmas mass, charity events and annual traditions like tea at The St. Regis; my social calendar is full of excuses to get all dressed up!
No doubt this is a time to experiment with your look in both wardrobe and beauty so I’m rounding up some recommendations to consider as you get ready this holiday season today.
Holiday Style Tips:
- Try a glitter eyeliner! This one can be swiped on in the most subtle of fashions while still making a striking addition to your eyelid.
- Style sequins. Mix it up by pairing a sequin dress with a leather jacket or pair a sequin tank with a pair of classic black pants.
- Choose a signature scent. I’ve had the pleasure of working with Juicy Couture Fragrances the last several holiday seasons and their Viva la Juicy fragrance is always pulled out this time of year for all the special occasions. It has notes of wild berries, creamy vanilla and bright jasmine and just feels special as you put it on. (Not to mention that the bottle is wrapped up in a pretty pink bow! Perfect for putting front and center on your vanity.)
- Wear festive feathers. Like this dress I’m wearing, feathers are such a fun way to add festive flare this time of year. This tank would be cute dressed up with pants and heels or even dressed down with jeans and a great pair of jeweled flats.
- Hydrate your skin. Nothing looks worse than when you try to put makeup on to dry skin. This time of year my skin is thirsty so my favorite quick-fix is a hydrating mask. This Farmacy Honey Potion one is amazing and warms up slightly on contact. After use my mild dry patches are virtually gone.
Do you guys have any go-to holiday styles that you love? I’d love to hear! And see more holiday dressing ideas here.
Shop the Post:
p.s. I shared my favorite New York holiday traditions yesterday so don’t miss that post!