I don’t know about you but the holidays are always a time that I try to give myself some wiggle room when it comes to indulgences. I have a major sweet tooth, a packed schedule full of soirees with temptations and barely anytime to fit in workouts with back to back trips.
So today I’m sharing a few healthy and smart ways to score #tinywins during the holiday season.
- Find your fitness groove: For me my fitness go-to has been a mix of SoulCycle classes and pilates/yoga. I vowed to use my membership more but also find that SoulCycle classes are my best stress reliever.
- Skip the sugar where possible: Hold the sugar in your coffee and have bites of dessert (split it!) vs. the whole thing.
- Cut down on gluten: I always feel better when I’m not eating a lot of gluten. I feel less bloated and more full easily. I also sleep better so all around, try and cut out the gluten when you can.
- Kick up your heels: Walk around the block when you go to get lunch, take the stairs and get a fitness tracking device so you see how many steps you get. I aim for 10,000 steps on my Jawbone Up band each day.
- Power up on protein before parties: Eat an apple and peanut butter before you hit the holiday party scene. Then you can say “no” to those extra, highly caloric finger foods.
- Drink lots of H20: I usually refrain from sodas and when you can, avoid darker liquors which have more calories than clear ones. Have loads of water instead! If you like yours with flavor, try Crystal Light to make all the hydration go down a bit easier.
Do you have any favorite tips that help you feeling healthy and on track during the holidays? I would love to hear them!
Disclosure: This post is in collaboration with Crystal Light. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make WIT & Whimsy possible.
[Image via my Instagram]