In my 30s I had a stark change in my preferred footwear. I started caring less about the “it” shoes and instead leaned into styles that were going to meet the following criteria: stylish, practical and comfortable. I recognized that some of my favorite pairs didn’t fit these qualities and therefore sat in their boxes all too often instead of seeing the light of day.
Instead of opting for the highest heel, these days I lean into block heels and shoes I can wear in a myriad of ways. Enter the most perfect neutral heeled bootie from Inez. Inez is a direct to consumer shoe company that prioritizes comfort without sacrificing style. This Paz boot has a 2.8” block heel that makes it so easy to walk in (I clocked nearly 8,500 steps in them following my shoot for this post and had no pain or discomfort whatsoever). I have a black heeled bootie I reach for often but have always wanted a sock bootie style in a neutral that would go well with all my ivory sweaters I love to wear this time of year so much. I had never seen one until I laid eyes on these.
If you’re unfamiliar with the brand, Inez sets itself apart by adding details in every style of shoe they make like arch support, padded insoles and the ability to choose your width (slim, standard, and roomy in all styles and then standard and roomy for boots.) Additionally, because they are direct to consumer they are able to offer competitive pricing without the markup. Their shoes are made in Spain and I also love that they allow you to order a free backup size so you’re sure of the fit. You just return whichever one isn’t the right fit. Such a time saver and I’ve personally never seen a shoe company offer that.
I own the Inez classic Alta pump already (seen here) and also their Mia kitten heel in red which I’ll be sporting as the holidays arrive. (You know I love a kitten heel! I own a pair in black and also in white, too). I am already eyeing the higher heel version in the color rye for my next pair – gorgeous! Inez has graciously provided a discount code for wit & whimsy so if you’re looking to purchase a pair of their shoes you can score 15% off with the code Meghan15 at checkout.
As a part of today’s post I also wanted to chat about everything I’m looking forward to during these last few weeks left in the year. Can you believe 2020 is in less than 8 weeks? The realization of that has me wanting to soak up every moment. Here’s a few things I’m looking forward to before the year concludes…
- Friends in town tomorrow morning: One of my BFF’s from college and her husband are flying in tomorrow morning from CA for a wedding and I can’t wait to get a visit with them in.
- Paris: I leave Saturday! My schedule is shaping up so well and I’m so excited for all that I have on the books. I have some very exciting meetings for Paris, Perfected lined up, I’ll get to see a few friends, have a shoot planned and have a collaboration I can’t wait to share with you all that will launch while I am in Paris.
- Dinner at The Polo Club with Merritt & Grace: Following my return from Paris I’ll be dropping my bags off, changing & heading to dinner with Merritt who will be in town from Dallas and Grace. I’ve known both of these girls for so long and can’t wait to catch up at a favorite restaurant.
- Australia: My next trip of the year before I head home for the holidays also happens to be my biggest! I leave later this month to go to Sydney and Melbourne for 10 days. I am a bit anxious about that long of a flight but truly so excited to see a country I’ve always dreamed about visiting.
- Friendsgiving: Before I depart for Australia I’ll squeeze in one weekend in NYC for the month of November and am thrilled to not have to miss my brother & his girlfriend’s annual Friendsgiving. We’ve had the best time the last two years and it is always a favorite evening of mine.
- Holiday Kickoff & Holiday Shoots: I absolutely love using shoots as a reason to get out and see some of the city’s best sites. I love getting dressed up and capturing the city during such a festive time of year. Next week I will be kicking off my holiday content and can’t wait to share more about what I have planned for this year!
- Holiday Performances: I have already bought tickets to see The Nutcracker again this year with my friend Annie and Carly and I are going to Lincoln Center to see a Holiday Brass concert!
- Friends Visiting During the Holidays: Friends of mine are coming up from DC with their two kiddos so we can take in all the holiday fun together. I cannot wait to show them my holiday favorites around the city.
- Another Colorado Christmas: I head home mid-December for another white Christmas with my family and hopefully some much needed downtime.
What are you most looking forward to before the year concludes?
. . .
Look One: Everlane Sweater (Size L) // J.Crew Cardigan (Size S; comes in 4 colors) // Jeans (Size 28 but would recommend sizing down) // Inez Paz Boot 70 (TTS Size 7; 15% off with the code Meghan15) // Everlane Beanie // Celine Bag
Look Two: Ann Taylor Turtleneck (?) // J.Crew Jeans (sized down to 27) // Inez Paz Boot 70 (TTS Size 7; 15% off with the code Meghan15) // Celine Bag
p.s. a comprehensive list of my favorite shoes and more Fall staples for your wardrobe.
This post is in collaboration with Inez. Thank you so much for supporting the brands I love to work with!
I love those booties! They are the perfect color! You have so many wonderful things to look forward to! I’ve always wanted to host a Friendsgiving, but have yet to do it. Best wishes for your trips!
I am looking forward to having Thanksgiving with my family. It will be more low-key for us which means literally NO cooking. I always cook everything, almost every year, so I am going to enjoy not having to do this. I’m looking forward to Christmas decorations and putting up a pencil tree in my dining room which is decorated only with Nutcrackers. It is very cute. We usually get that one up by Thanksgiving.
Friendsgivings are SO fun so I hope you do so one year! Thank you SO much for sharing what you’re looking forward to, Amy! Loved reading them 🙂