You guys, today is the day! I am so excited to reveal the brand new wit & whimsy!
This has been quite the undertaking and frankly on my radar for quite some time so I’ve been making notes of what I wanted to improve, listening to what you had to say and working hard to give this blog the major overhaul it was due.
So, what’s new you ask? I am bursting at the seams to tell you!
- The look (obviously): My goal for the new site was to streamline. My previous site design had started to give me the heebie-jeebies with its look. I was working so hard on getting regular content up it was like I had developed wrinkles and never addressed them! I am so glad that I finally took the leap and spent the time to craft the vision I wanted. I hope you enjoy the sleek and simplified new look and enjoy the overall functionality that has been designed to give you a better experience when visiting. It’s not overly stylized or editorial – I wanted it clean + simple.
- Logo / Branding: Since I started my blog back in late 2005, it’s always been “WIT & Whimsy” because I started it back in college and I had an inside joke with my girlfriends related to “WIT”. It’s a minor change to move to “wit & whimsy,” but an important one for me. I am in love with my new logo though and overall branding of the site that is far more true to my aesthetic and I think represents my personality in a very visual, authentic way.
- A new Tumblr: I have created “a little extra wit & whimsy” to curate pieces I am currently loving and anything else that strikes my fancy. Follow along, won’t you!?
- A New York City Guide: I’ve had this drafted for years but finally put the finishing touches on it. Visiting New York? Check it out to add my favorites to your list. Just moved here? My list will help you curate some of the best food/experiences this amazing city has to offer. See it here!
- An FAQ: I get loads of questions on social and email and many of them can now be answered all in one handy space.
- Commenting: I hope you find it easier to do with the new post design!
- A new Navigation Bar: At the top of the site you can now easily find the page you’re looking for – whether it’s a bit more about me, my new FAQ, my city guide or a particular content category. Which brings me to…
- Simplified Categories: In addition to streamlining the look, I’m streamlining my content. With the ‘Categories’ button on the navigation bar, you can now easily go to Outfits, Lifestyle, Travel or Beauty.
- Shopping Boutiques: I’ve curated shopping picks in a variety of categories so when you toggle over SHOP in the navigation bar, feel free to peruse my updated shops: My Favorites, Under $100, Currently Coveting, Classic Pieces and Beauty Favorites. I’ll be keeping this refreshed on a weekly basis.
- Mobile Compatibility: With the face lift, you can now browse wit & whimsy from your iPad or mobile phone and have the same experience!
- Daily Reads: Want to know what blogs I always check? They are my most favorite and you can see them all here.
I want to extend a huge thank you to Whitney of Heart & Arrow who designed and developed this face lift with me. She was so wonderful in helping my vision come to life and I couldn’t be more grateful. I do have some minor maintenance items to make happen still so there’s additional work going on behind the scenes but I hope you love what you’re currently seeing.
I also want to say a heartfelt thank you to all of you who read wit & whimsy, are in touch on social, maybe are a new reader, a regular reader, have left a comment once or dozens of times…you make this blog so worthwhile for me. When I look back on the past (almost) nine years, I am in awe of what this little site has brought into my life and my readers mean absolutely everything to me. I cannot wait for the next chapter that this redesign ushers in and I can’t say enough how forever touched I am that you choose to support wit & whimsy and follow along on this journey with me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
And, in celebration of today’s reveal, I’m kicking off a series of awesome giveaways in the coming weeks and we’re starting it with $100 to buy your very own pair of Tieks like I’ve styled in this post! They are my favorite flats (I have several colors and swear by them to commute to/from work). All you have to do is leave a comment on this blog post and follow wit & whimsy on Instagram to be entered to win! It’ll close in 3 days and I’ll be in touch with the winner who will be randomly selected. Good luck and I hope you love the new site as much as I do!
Sail to Sable Dress (c/o)