Today’s the day!
I am so excited to introduce you to wit & whimsy’s new look.
My last site design was nearly three years ago so earlier this year I began to think about what I wanted in a little makeover and after many months of working on the updates, I’m thrilled to be able to finally reveal it to you all. I wanted to keep the bones of the site relatively intact but really work on improving functionality + navigation. I hope you guys find the site a bit more user-friendly! (I took into account the feedback provided in my most recent reader survey so for those of you who took the time to provide guidance, I really appreciate it and hope you see your thoughts reflected here!)
Here’s a look at what changed:
- Refreshed Look: Keeping the site very simple and clean looking was important to me so I kept a lot of the elements from the last site such as color scheme, logo and new post design.
- What I’m Wearing Widget: For outfit posts on the home page you can now click on the pieces I’m wearing before you hit “Read More” to read the rest of the post. I know not all of you are here to listen to me wax poetic in every post and you just want to quickly shop so this widget is for you guys!
- Navigation: I wanted to streamline the navigation and make it easier to find the content you guys are engaging with the most. This meant no more Category drop downs and a double header navigation menu to separate out static pages vs. ongoing new content.
- Scrollbar: Speaking of navigation I am sure you noticed the new scrollbar under the logo & menu on the homepage. These posts represent some of my recent favorites or seasonally relevant posts and I’ll be updating it monthly.
- Post Layout: I’ve eliminated the sidebar when you’re in a new post for easier reading & better visuals.
- Older Posts: Playing catch up on posts? Now when you reach the bottom of the home page and click “OLDER”, the posts are tiled so you can more easily click and read new content without having to continually scroll through the most recent three posts and then keep clicking “Older Posts” like you previously had to. I love this feature!
- Post Categories: Similar to the above, now when you click on in the menu “Fashion” or “Outfits” you won’t get the three latest posts, rather you’ll get tiles of all the 12 most recent posts with the option to load even more. (And a quick reminder for you Weekly Roundup fans, you can always find back posts of those under the Lifestyle category!)
- The Shop: The Shop was one of the biggest changes we implemented! My old Shop drove me crazy as it often didn’t populate correctly, images were missing and it just aesthetically didn’t match the rest of the site. Now it looks so much more crisp + clean and I have completely overhauled the contents in each category, too. (With the exception of Seen on Social as I’m starting that from scratch now that the new site is live.) Even more exciting is that The Holiday Hub is also now live which features gift ideas (separate from those in the gift guides), holiday decor, finds for holiday entertaining, gift-giving & outfit ideas.
- Shop my Favorites: You’ll see this little widget added in following the latest post on the home page. It’ll be updated regularly with items I’m buying / loving right now.
- Font & Links: I’ve changed the font to be more readable and also links are now easier to spot.
I truly hope you love it as much as I do! If you have a moment to share your thoughts, it would be great to hear your first reactions! And a huge thank you to all of you for continuing to motivate me in this space – I’m forever grateful!
I also want to majorly thank the team at chloedigital who helped my vision become a reality, my intern Kate who makes my life easier every day and is such a special partner in crime and finally Bekka who captures 99% of the visual content you see on this site and puts up with me through it all! I am very lucky to have such amazing people to work with!
Wearing: Kate Spade Dress, Shoes & Clutch (c/o)
I looks so good!!
Thank you so much, Beka!! Means so much to me!
Congrats, girl! The new site looks amazing.
Thanks so much!! So glad you like it!
Yay! Congrats Meghan!! xx
Thank you so much, Chloe!! Very grateful to you & your team for the refresh and all the work done to bring it to life!
It looks amazing!!! <3 <3
Thank you for EVERYTHING team, CD!!
Congrats! Everything looks really great. I’ve been dying for a little site facelift myself, just need to make the time 🙂 Annnd I’m in love with this dress. It looks so beautiful on you!
Thank you so much, Jess! It means a lot to me so thank you for the sweet words!! Can’t wait to see your new site when you unveil it in the future!
You look beautiful, the site looks beautiful, congrats!!
Thank you, thank you lady! So lucky to have your friendship & support!
Obsessed with that Kate Spade dress! So pretty!
The Style Scribe
Thank you, M! xx
Love the new design. So fresh and exciting!
Thank you SO much, Liv!!
Your new site looks amazing. And you also look fabulous in that black dress dear.
Thank you SO much, Novie! Your kind words mean so much to me!