Easy but impactful. That’s how I want my everyday makeup to feel. It shouldn’t take too much time and I always want my makeup to look put together but not over done. Today I’m sharing I do my makeup on most days.
My Everyday Makeup
When quarantine started in NYC I knew I would need to reinvent how I create content for my readers and followers. For the first time in my career as a blogger, I turned to video. I’m working on getting over my fear and am now having fun with it but the first tutorial I ever filmed was my every day makeup. You can view the tutorial here or if tutorials aren’t your thing, below I’m detailing the products I reach for most often which is a 50/50 mix of clean and unclean products. By the end of the year I hope to be at 80/20.
- Erborian BB Creme. If you know, you know. This stuff is like a one-stop complexion improver. Skin is immediately more glowy, more even, more radiant, more alive. I can’t live without this stuff and I am so happy to have turned so many of you onto it. It is the #1 product I hear happy comments about from my followers on a regular basis.
- Ilia True Skin Serum Concealer in Chicory. A creamy, clean concealer that really works. It’s great for under eyes but also amazing when paired with the below lilah b. concealer for really hiding blemishes and redness.
- Ilia Brow Gel in Blonde. Man! This stuff really volumizes. The brush is super unique having two sides of different bristles so you can build color and volume as you apply. It works to fluff and fill. Such a good product.
- Wander Beauty Hidden Glow. Part skincare, part makeup, this is the primer I constantly reach for as the first step of my base. The most subtle glow makes skin look instantly healthier and more radiant.
- MAC 24 Hour Extend Eye Base. Oily-prone skin means my eyelids are essentially oil slicks and won’t keep eyeliner or eye shadow in place unless I have a primer on. This is my favorite one four years running and I have to say is SO much better at keeping eye makeup in place over the much-talked-about Urban Decay eye primer.
- Stila HUGE Mascara. My holy grail mascara for lifting, volumizing and lengthening. Five years running I haven’t found a mascara I liked more than this one.
- Lilah B. Concealer in b.radiant. An excellent matte concealer that really goes to work to hide blemishes and redness. It’s SUCH a good dupe for the beloved NARS creamy matte concealer.
- Anastasia Brow Powder Duo. Dual colors allow for shade perfecting. I wear shade Taupe and fill in my brows with this before applying the Ilia gel.
- Ilia Soft Focus Finishing Powder. This is such a good setting powder for keeping makeup in place and minimizing shine. I love it as much as I did the Laura Mercier Powder I used to swear by before I found out it has Talc in it.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. A holy grail for me given I am oil-prone and sweat my makeup off in summer unless I use this stuff. Just a few spritzes and all your hard work is set in place for hours and hours.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Naked 2 Palette. I have most of the NAKED palettes from Urban Decay but their neutral shadows are the ones I reach for every day. Also love this travel-sized little palette.
- RMS Luminizing Powder in Grand Dame. An actually good clean powder highlighter. I layer it over the cream highlighter I mention below.
- Ilia Color Haze Multi Matte Pigment in Waking Up or Temptation. This liquid blush is so, so good. And also works as a lip color!
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer. My go-to all over bronzer. It’s super subtle – giving an allover soft glow that warms up my face.
- Kjaer Weis Highlight in Radiance. This clean highlighter has major impact in just a few dabs. I love that the packaging is refillable and that the formula works to enhance an overall glow on the face.
- Kosas Weightless Lipstick in Rosewater. Kosas makes great clean makeup and their lipsticks were the first thing I loved from the brand. Rosewater is such a pretty cool-tuned pink shade for everyday. The color formula is enriched with moisture and high-pigments so it stays in place without being drying.
- Bobbi Brown Eye Definer Brush. The best eye liner brush I’ve ever tried. It applies the below mentioned eyeliner so seamlessly. Makes putting eyeliner on a breeze. (And for this I am grateful.)
- Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner. My favorite eyeliner by a mile. It lasts through just about anything is pretty idiot-proof to apply.
- Beauty Blender. The tool I never knew I needed and now can’t live without. My makeup application game got a major upgrade when the Beauty Blender came into my life a few years back. It’s so handy for blending blush, bronzer, concealer, contour…I could go on! If you don’t have one, you need one, trust.
SHOP THE POST:
p.s. 5 clean makeup favorites and more of my favorite beauty products.