As you all know by now, this time of year – as summer fades and cooler fall temperatures start to permeate the air – is my favorite of the entire calendar year. It always feels like such a magical sense of renewal. There’s something about this time of year…it feels familiar to that back to school feeling – it just signals a fresh start. The cozy vibes begin to be the norm and I relish in revisiting some of my favorite yearly traditions.
Today I thought I would share some of my favorite Fall traditions:
- Turning over my closet and pulling out my favorite sweaters to be worn.
- Heading to Central Park to see the Fall colors change week after week.
- Pulling out the crock pot for chili and other hearty meals.
- Having a glass of red wine on the couch under my favorite blanket.
- Baking pumpkin bread and making pumpkin waffles.
- Movie nights with my favorite romantic comedies.
- Cozy coffee shop catch ups with friends.
- Trips upstate to see Fall colors, pick apples, eat doughnuts and sip cider.
- Raiding the Trader Joe’s seasonal selections.
- Buying mini pumpkins for decoration. (Also bought a few items from this post to decorate with!)
- Making Ina Garten’s delicious Old Fashioned Apple Crisp.
- Sleeping with the windows open under blankets.
- The return of hot tea season.
- Burning seasonal candles. Currently obsessed with this one, this one & this one.
- Wearing light jackets + blanket scarves.
- The exciting sense that the holidays are around the corner.
What are your favorite Fall traditions? I would love to hear them!
. . .
A quick note about this sweater – it is part of Everlane’s Renew collection and is made from 60% recycled cashmere- how cool is that? This means it has half the carbon footprint as traditional cashmere.
Everlane Sweater (M) & Corduroy Skirt (Size 6) (c/o; love this similar skirt!) // Margaux Boots (similar for less here, here) // Ann Taylor Modern Plaid Coat (Similar more casual version here) // Celine Belt Bag