I’ve been meaning to write this post for some time and therefore I’m excited to finally have it live today! As I continue to settle into my new apartment, I wanted to share some of my all-time favorite home items I can’t live without. I hope you’ll enjoy getting a peek into what keeps me sane and what keeps me happy around the house.
My Favorite Home Goods:
- Nespresso: Oh how I love this machine! During the winter I use it practically every morning. I love how easy it is to pop in a capsule and get a hot cup of coffee and having it saves me tons of money. (When I worked in an office I used to buy coffee on the way to work every single morning!)
- Tom Ford Coffee Table Book: I’ll admit, I judged this book by its very chic cover and splurged on it as a decorative element. I love how it looks styled in my apartment.
- Doterra Diffuser: This isn’t the exact Doterra diffuser I have but it serves the same purpose. (And I bought this one for my Mom for Christmas last year!) I love turning on my Diffuser before bed every night and use a variety of the Doterra oils in it depending on my mood. Their Peace oil is my all-time favorite one though.
- Cascading Hangers: These little guys are basically how I’ve survived living in New York with less than stellar closet space. They are, in short, lifesavers. Being able to cascade my tops, dresses and skirts in my closet has saved a bunch of space and on numerous occasions I made over New York friends’ and former roommates closets using these to maximize the closet space available. I can’t live without these.
- Glass Canisters: I love these glass canisters for holding my Nespresso pods in a chic manner next to my coffee maker atop my bar cart. They’d be great for anything you use regularly that you’d like easy access to put have it be a bit easier on the eyes.
- The White Company Blanc Candle: This is my favorite affordable candle. It makes your house smell like heaven – fresh, clean and oh so cozy. I can’t recommend it enough.
- Byredo Cotton Poplin Room Spray: I rely on this spray to freshen up my place after cooking or when I’m not burning candles. The scent makes your entire home smell like you just did laundry. It’s so lovely and a little goes a long way.
- Brita: The New York drinking water is actually really great but I still run it through my Brita and keep this in the fridge at all times so I can keep up with my water intake.
- Jonathan Adler Bourbon Candle: My other favorite candle I always have at my apartment! It makes me want to drink an old fashioned and sit under a cozy blanket watching Netflix.
- Mirrored Tray: This is my favorite topper for a coffee table. It’s so glamorous and makes the perfect home for a stack of coffee table books or magazines.
- The Laundress Signature Detergent: The best detergent ever. It is all I use and I became even more into everything The Laundress is doing after profiling the two founders a while back. Their entire line is stellar.
- Marble Bookends: I love pretty much anything marble and these bookends make for a stylish functionality holding a few of my favorite cookbooks atop my kitchen counters.
- OXO Storage Containers: These containers are so helpful in your kitchen cabinets to keep things organized and ensure you don’t end up having a quinoa emergency when the bag opens up when you lease expect it and goes everywhere. (It’s happened!)
- Metal Straws: Attempting to do my part to help the environment while at home, I’ve swapped from paper straws to these metal straws that are dishwasher safe! Every time I post about them on Stories I always get asked where they are from and this is where I bought them.
- Nest Camera: Upon moving into my last apartment I pretty quickly realized I couldn’t trust the landlord, management or super so I ordered a Nest cam and I can’t tell you the peace of mind it gave me! With how often I travel, I love having this camera running so I can be alerted if anyone enters my apartment and just check in from time to time on the live stream when I’m on the road. When it caught someone from my landlord’s team in my apartment without permission while I was traveling (and just before I moved out), it pretty much paid for itself by being able to have that footage and backup.
- Downy Wrinkle Release: Longtime readers will know I swear by this stuff. I spray pretty much everything I own with it before wearing it. You spray it on, smooth out the wrinkles a bit and pull the garment and let it dry. Voila, wrinkles be gone! I haven’t ironed pretty much since I discovered this stuff in 2003 – no joke!
- Brooklinen Classic Sheets: Hands down my favorite sheets. They are crisp and always feel cool to the touch making crawling into bed even more heavenly than it already is. I convinced my brother and his former roommate to buy them and all my friends that have gotten them love them as well. They are worth every penny.
- Cosmetic Organizer: This has been a lifesaver for my jewelry and lipsticks. I also have these modular units for my makeup I use everyday that sits atop my dresser. I love how they make everything so neat and organized and it also ensures I keep my collection in check. If it doesn’t fit…it doesn’t stay!
- Wine Decanter: After learning a lot more about wine in France and the importance of letting a glass breathe before you drink it, I picked up this decanter to speed along the process of aerating wine before you enjoy it.
- Spoon Rest: My former roommate had this “Rest in Grease” spoon rest and when we parted ways I bought one for myself because I thought it was just so cute (and of course, practical).
- Pillow: I have this pillow in cream on my couch and love it.
- Brooklinen Towels: No surprise here that after loving Brooklinen’s sheets so much, I bought their towels and loved those, too! Shared more on them in this post.
- Cold Brew Pitcher: Ok you guys probably know by now that I live for this cold brew pitcher. It saves me so much money in the summer as now I make a pitcher at night and then come the next morning I have a great glass of cold brew! This one I can usually get 3.5 glasses of iced coffee out of and it is just so easy! I now give it as a gift to coffee lovers because I’m so obsessed with mine!
And just a few more items that didn’t make their way into the collage:
Ugg Rug: I have this by my bed and it is the first thing I step onto in the morning and it’s so great. I love how chic it is. (UGG’s Home line is so good. I got my mom a blanket from them for Christmas one year and she absolutely loves it!)
Storage Bins: I have these in my closet to keep things like excess beauty products and scarves organized. They are so well made and super handy to have to keep organized.
Hamper: I love this hamper and how compact it is. I keep it tucked in my closet and think it’s perfect for apartment living.
. . .
Do you guys have any home items you just love? Do share!