Hi friends! A special additional post today because the Sephora sale is now open to VIB members (myself included) so I thought I’d share some of my recommendations in case you’re looking for a few new additions to your beauty stash!
The sale will score you 15% off your purchase so it is a great time to stock up on favorites or try out new products you’ve been eying. If you’re a VIB member just use the code YESVIB at checkout.
I’m lucky that part of my blogging job involves trying out loads of fun new beauty products but there are some that I always come back to. They are the ones I re-buy during sales like this so I never run out and they are the ones I always travel with. So below are the ones I can’t live without:
- Hands down my favorite mascara is this Stila one. I have tried SO many mascaras and always come back to this one because it really makes my lashes seem more full vs. spidery.
- My go-to blotting sheets that I keep in stock with multiple packs in various purses because I truly can’t leave the house without these – #oilyskinlife.
- I don’t travel with a lot of hair products but one that I always have is this one from Living Proof. It kind of does it all…smoothes, protects and extends my styling which is crucial when on the road. The mini size is perfect.
- This Fresh cleanser is so gentle and such a nice sensorial experience. I don’t like overly smelly cleansers or ones that feel like they’re stripping my skin. This one is calming and great for sensitive skin and I keep the mini size on hand for my travels.
- I bought these tanning drops after seeing positive reviews on Instagram and I have to say…I’m hooked! I put one drop in my Olay moisturizer each morning and can often, as a result, skip bronzer all over my face. The result is kind of addicting! Super subtle but be sure to wash your hands after as you would any self tanner! Also ensure you carry your moisturizer/tan drop cocktail down your neck so you don’t have any dreaded lines between your face and neck.
- Whenever I see Drunk Elephant’s Baby Facial I sing Jay Z’s “Holy Grail” in my head because it really is a desert island beauty product for me. Leave it on for 20 minutes once a week and your face is renewed. Goodbye dead skin cells, hello GLOW. The product’s cult status is totally justified.
- I always use this Benefit Cosmetics primer on my T-zone after moisturizer and before foundation. It totally blurs out enlarged or congested pores and is super mattifying.
- This NARS concealer is the best I’ve tried and you’ll also often spot it being raved about by makeup artists and YouTuber pros. It’s that good. It’s super easy to apply and incredibly matte which is why I think I love it so much. No greasy finish like other more-oil based concealers I’ve tried. I use the shade Creme Brulee.
- I wear the Laura Mercier Tinter Moisturizer most days because it’s light and not very makeup-y. It gives the prettiest finish and just enough coverage when paired with a bit of concealer in my trouble spots. I also love that it has SPF 20 in case I forget to apply a more legit SPF. I wear the shade Blush.
- You guys have heard me rave about the beauty of a makeup setting spray before and if you don’t yet use one, you won’t regret buying this one. I’ve been using my last bottle for the past two years regularly and am only just finishing it – it is worth the price!
- No other eyeliner has ever come close to replacing my Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner. It is full proof when applied with this brush and it stays on forever. No smudging or smearing like other eyeliners. Believe me when I say this stuff is longwear.
- The Laura Mercier lip liners are totally underrated and can be game changing in making your lipstick last. They really make lipstick look so much better since they define your lips before you apply. I have a few shades but Baby Lips is my most worn because it goes with all my favorite nude/pink lipstick shades.
- Want a new face mask to get addicted to? Look no further than this Farmacy honey mask. I use it religiously in the winter because it helps to heal dry skin and it also has a warming effect when you apply it. Is it weird to call a face mask cozy? Well, even if it is, it feels right for this one.
- This Kate Somerville exfoliator is always in my shower. It works wonders and I’ve been using it for I think eight or nine years? Total holy grail status for me. It’s a mini facial and really goes to work to unclog pores and is particularly amazing if you have a breakout coming on.
- Best.setting.powder.ever. I always use this to mattify my often too-shiny face. It’s so light and has the best finish. It works better than any other setting powder I’ve tried.
- I hoard highlighters (it is a problem!) but I always come back to (and travel with the mini size) of this Becca one in Champagne Pop. I also have Opal which is equally as pretty.
- If I was told I could only wear one lip color for the rest of my life I’d have a hard time deciding between this Bite Beauty one in Brandy (honestly the most photogenic color I’ve ever experience – if I do so say myself – ha! I have this product in 4 shades and with 2,000 reviews clearly I’m not alone in loving it!) and this Laura Mercier one in
- I really love this Benefit blush as it also doubles as a very easy contour on fair skin.
- Want your shower to resemble a spa experience? Buy this Christophe Robin scalp salt scrub and I promise your life will forever be changed. I’m obsessed with this stuff. (See here, here.)
Hope you find these recommendations helpful! Let me know what you end up buying – I love to be a voyeur in other people’s beauty shopping carts!